costud

ANRAN IP Camera - Cannot access it anymore!

Hello guys,

I just bought this camera from Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141167267276?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649. All good, received in good condition, installed and happy with it exactly 5 days. Yesterday, when I have to access the camera adress in browser, after i signed in, beside camera image I see a message saying that

"This machine is suspected of using priated program of Xiongmai,please refer to the following link: http://www.xiongmaitech.com"

And that was all! My frend the seller didn't respond me, and I try now to find a solution to put the camera working again. Please help me. Is there a way to install a new free firmware for the camera? Is there an error and the firmware is ok? The xiongmaitech site is down...

Here you have a picture with the camera label.

Thank you in advance for any help.

ANRAN_.jpg.e3b6e1b3b2cb7a4ed7871e7aed2c2afb.jpg

Use eBay buyer protection and threats of bad feedback to get it taken care off but honestly, you are not a good position because they will likely refund the money if you send it back and I bet to send it back the cheapest way with tracking & insurance as required, it will cost you more than what the camera cost as there's no ePacket equivalent back to China. But consider this, you learned a valuable lesson about buying unbranded cameras on eBay from China and it didn't cost you that much.

I know the replacement is not a solution because of shipment costs. Of course I didn't expected to happen this as I know many who have bought those cameras from ebay with no problem... But now I even don't understand where is the problem? Is a not genuine camera that use an unauthorized firmware or what? And if it is so, are there any chances to change the firmware?

Please explain if there are any solutions to repair this product, not to send back.

Thank you.

hi

contact anran support, they have very good support and they got a reset tool. they sent me that and it for windows xp and it worked

Yes I have resolved the problem three months ago. I sent back the camera and received another, with another firmware, but the shipping costs I paid were half of the camera price...

Next time I think twice before buying such a camera...

hi

contact anran support, they have very good support and they got a reset tool. they sent me that and it for windows xp and it worked

could you send me or upload that tool somewhere?

maybe forward it to nitko666 at yahoo.com ?