Sign in to follow this  
steuk

IVMS Configuration when no NVR (only IP cams)

Hello all,

I'm trying to make IVMS4500 working on my Samsung GS4 (no success until now, that's why I'm here ).

Here's is what I did till now :

1. On Hikvision DDNS (http://www.hikvisioneurope.net) I added my cam (cam1 - port 10011)
  2. On Cam1, I configured DDNS (first problem I can't modify port number - it's in grey - so it stays at 0), I save.
  3. I go back on Hik DDNS and I see my dynamic address but port is 0 (Of course dude I couldn't set it to 10011 on my cam ). So I change it to 10011. I also notice that device name has been replaced by domain number...Ok I change it to my cam name.
  4. Go back on hik ddns status page and now I see a web link to reach my cam

So the link seems to be ok between my cam and hikvision DDNS, right ?

Why can't I change my port number on my cam ?

Then I installed IVMS4500, and tried to add a device :

• Alias cam1
  • Register Mode HiDDNS
  • Server address http://www.hikvisioneurope.net
  • Device domain same as on my cam
  • User Name admin
  • Password my password
  • Camera No. 1

I configured with user and pass of my cam (not hik ddns site), am I right ?

When I save...I got a "connection failed". (even with hik site account)

Do you guys now where I'm wrong ?

Edit : I forgot to mention that I didn't set port forwarding for rstp 554 and sdk 8000 yet but it should concern my connection issue, right ?

Hi Steuk,

-First I would try it just with IP address instead of the domain.

-You need to open Sdk port 8000 and RTSP port 554 (change to 8554 as 554 is blocked or used by other programs) those must have. The http port is not needed for app.

I tried Hikvision's ddns before but just seems harder than many of the free DDNS elsewhere. I would use register mode IP/domain.

Edit : I forgot to mention that I didn't set port forwarding for rstp 554 and sdk 8000 yet but it should concern my connection issue, right ?

Wonder how you expect it to work without opening the ports...

As milkisbad said, first make it work directly on the IP; and then bother with hikvisioneurope.net (which I am quite sure you are doing it wrong).

First, thank you for your answers !!!

As I said before I thought that "connection failed" meant http access not OK. That's why I didn't try forwarding of other ports yet (and the fact that I need to setup port forwarding on two different routers at home ), when I read you I guess I was wrong to think that way.

I tried Hikvision's ddns before but just seems harder than many of the free DDNS elsewhere. I would use register mode IP/domain.

I also think Hik DDNS isn't really good (sometimes it says connection OK to my cam, sometimes it says offline...), I will try to use my Syno DDNS.

About using IP/Domain, my ISP gives me a dynamic IP, so I can use IP/Domain for a try but not for long term connectivity...

Well tonight I'll configure my port forwarding and make new tests.

As I said before I thought that "connection failed" meant http access not OK. That's why I didn't try forwarding of other ports yet (and the fact that I need to setup port forwarding on two different routers at home ), when I read you I guess I was wrong to think that way.

Web port is for access with Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc. In fact you could open just 554 and 8000 if you do not plan on accessing the cameras from a web browser. 8000 is for data, 554 is for RTSP (video streaming).

Hikvisioneurope.net is actually very easy to use once you used to it. Btw, I recommend using hik-online.com or hiddns.com instead of hikvisioneurope.

What I don't get is that on hikvision DDNS (Europe or Online) you don't specify RTSP and SDK port.

So how can it find these informations (on my router I can't forward 554 and 8000 directly, because I have several cams, so I will have to change the ports...) ?

DDNS has nothing to do with ports, it works with all ports. It's just a mapping of a DNS name to an IP address that's dynamically updated when your IP changes.

I only have the HTTP and RSTP ports open on my Hikvision cameras because that's all I need to have it work via a browser but I don't use them with IVMS.

As for ports, I'm actually moving away from using the 8000 range because some software uses that. I'm using higher numbers like 12000 range, less problems.

DDNS has nothing to do with ports, it works with all ports. It's just a mapping of a DNS name to an IP address that's dynamically updated when your IP changes.

I totally agree with you !

What I don't get is how IVMS knows my SDK and RTSP ports ???

From Internet, to reach my first cam I need to reach my router on the following ports :

• 11080 for http
  • 11554 for RTSP
  • 11800 for SDK

On IVMS I can't specifiy ports (only web port), so I guess I tries 554 and/or 8000 (got an error : "Receiving data from device timed out"). How can I change it ?

What I don't get is how IVMS knows my SDK and RTSP ports ???

From Internet, to reach my first cam I need to reach my router on the following ports :

• 11080 for http
  • 11554 for RTSP
  • 11800 for SDK

On IVMS I can't specifiy ports (only web port), so I guess I tries 554 and/or 8000 (got an error : "Receiving data from device timed out"). How can I change it ?

You do not specify any port on iVMS-4200 if you are using HiDDNS. Install the latest iVMS-4200 if you do not have it yet. On older iVMS-4200 versions I think you just had to leave the port at 80.

Your Hikvision device will tell the server the ports that it is using, and the server will tell iVMS the ports to use.

You do need to specify the web port when you et up your device on hikvisioneurope.net, but only if you are using a different external and internal port (like, if your external 11080 port is forwarded to the 80 port on the camera).

Edit: Keep in mind that HkDDNS (or HiDDNS) is not just a normal DDNS; it does more things than just redirect a domain to an IP.

temp.jpg.c194e902e9c84ed39ee7c61abdd15474.jpg

Hello, and thanks again for your help.

You're talking about IVMS-4200. Mine is IVMS-4500.

Do I need to install IVMS-4200 ? I thought it was the NVR software (I don't use any NVR)

Your Hikvision device will tell the server the ports that it is using, and the server will tell iVMS the ports to use.

Ok, so I understand better how it works now.

My Hikvision can't give the right port to use to Hik DDNS because it doesn't know it !!!

On my Hikvision cam, RTSP is set to 554 so I guess it tells Hik DDNS to reach 554 (and not 11554 which is only known by my router)

So, should I set on my hik cam RTSP port to 11554 (since this the port to reach from Internet ?) ?

For information, right now the path from the web is : Web --> ISP ROUTER PORT 11554 --> LOCAL ROUTEUR PORT 11554 --> CAMERA PORT 554

You're talking about IVMS-4200. Mine is IVMS-4500.

Do I need to install IVMS-4200 ? I thought it was the NVR software (I don't use any NVR)

Ooops, nevermind... iVMS-4200 is for computer. If you are using mobile/tablet, you will be using iVMS-4500 (which also does not need to know any ports).

My Hikvision can't give the right port to use to Hik DDNS because it doesn't know it !!!

On my Hikvision cam, RTSP is set to 554 so I guess it tells Hik DDNS to reach 554 (and not 11554 which is only known by my router)

So, should I set on my hik cam RTSP port to 11554 (since this the port to reach from Internet ?) ?

I would do so. But I always have the same ports outside (router) and inside (DVR/NVR/cam), so I can not tell you if it doesn't work with hkDDNS when they are not the same. But I do know someone else was also reporting issues.

But again; it would be smarter to first make sure that it does work connecting direct to your public IP; and then bother about hkDDNS.

Hello,

At home, it works.

Now I configured a camera with the following ports :

• HTTP : 11080
  • RTSP : 11554
  • SDK : 11800

So from the internet the ports to reach are the same as inside my network.

I setup HiDDNS successfully, but no connection when trying from iVMS-4500.

Am I missing something ?

On iVMS-4500

• Alias TEST
  • Register Mode HiDDNS
  • Server Address http://www.hik-online.com
  • Device domain my cam serial
  • User Name admin
  • Password ************ (password to reach my cam through web)

FYI : DS-2CD2332-I (eyeball cam), firmware 5.1

Steuk, in case it still doesn't work with hikvision DDNS. Go and open an account with NoIP DDNS service.

Then in the app (iVMS-4500 HD) when you add the camera select "IP/Domain" and add the address you have set up with NoIP. Now under "Port" put your "SDK port" number, NOT your "HTTP port"! I've been loosing sleep over this for two days! Random.

Hope this helps!

T

Hello and thank you for your help.

Finally I got it working using DS CAM (application to connect to surveillance station, my Synology NAS).

Hikvision DDNS is bad because it tries to do everything alone, I mean you can't specify ports (only http port) and I think that when it reaches the camera, it finds other ports in camera configuration but it never takes in consideration the fact that there can be NAT (basically, to reach my camera on 8000 port you have to reach my router on 11800 port, and hikvision DDNS won't find it so it can't work).

It would have been better if hikvision DDNS simply asked for all ports on their website I think...

Good to hear you managed to get it sorted.

I completely bypassed Hikvision DDNS as it was more hassle than worth. It was much better to use NOIP.com DDNS service and it's been working fine.

There has only been one problem, it appears that Hikvision cameras on it's own don't seem to update DDNS service if the IP address changes. Meaning, if the modem/router gets a new IP address due to whatever reason, then you will not be able to see the live feed anymore over the internet. So the solution was to set up the same DDNS account on the modem/router itself. Now if the IP address does indeed change, it is notified to the DDNS service and everything remains operational. There's only perhaps a minute between the changes, but that's better than having to go personally to the location to check what is the new IP and manually update DDNS settings.