Sign in to follow this  
metuckness

Help with Dahua IPC-HDB3200C

Hi all,

I need some help with a Dahua IPC-HDB3200C camera I purchased. I have set it up and from home it works great. I can login, configure the camera, see the video stream and everything. But from remote locations, I can login, but I get an error message of this after I install the wecplugin.exe that it tells me to install.

I setup my firewall to allow incoming TCP requests on port 8081 to NAT to port 80 at the IP address the camera is on. As mentioned above, I get prompted to login, it logs me in, I get the errors for the video, but I can change all the settings and other menu options, I just can't view the video.

I have under System Information:

Software Version

2.212.0000.0.R, build : 2013-12-06

WEB Version

The plugin it installs is called webplugin.exe version 3.0.0.1

I am hoping someone can help me get this up and running so I can remote view it. I don't know if another port is required to be forwarded, I can't imagine it would need more than one. I have a Foscam PZT unit that works just fine and the fact that I can change settings and all that kind of just tells me there is an issue with the actual plugin. I don't know if it is not installing correctly, or it needs a port other than port 80.

Any help, suggestions, links to updated firmware downloads et cetera would be appreciated. When I purchased this camera I just got it off of Amazon, not knowing that support was not offered by the manufacturer and that there was so little information online about CCTV devices.

I have been doing networks and working with computers for almost 30 years and normally you can just Google something and find a solution, since others have usually had the issue before, but man, these are tough to find!

It doesn't help that I live in the boonies with not a lot of places around that do CCTV stuff.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Mitch

PS. I even tried MPEG as the main stream and still get no connection and I checked my Firewall as I tried connecting and it is not denying any packets.

Have you tried switching IE to compatability view? I've had several cams that don't work right unless this is done.

My latest Messoa NCR870 firmware upgrade shows the video if compatability view is on, but doesn't show all the menu options. Switching it off loses the video but gains all the menus...

I haven't upgraded my Dahuas recently, though.

Hi metuckness,

I know your post is from 2 years ago, but I do have a similar problem with the webplugin.exe:

As long as I am in the same subnet everything works fine - as soon as I try to access my camara from another net (e.g. via ssh tunnel), I get the login page displayed, do the login, but it says "Login failed". Did you find a solution to your problem?

Cheers,

Selters