Spark

Swann 821 Dome - Night / IR Performance

I am in the process of installing an NVR8-7200 with four of the SWNHD-821CAM Domes.

The picture quality during the day is fantastic. My issue is the performance of the Night Mode and the IR / Infrared illumination.

I seem to be getting allot of bleed or internal reflections washing out the picture.

My cameras do have the foam ring that is supposed to isolate the lens from the LEDs. I have tried adjusting this, along with replacing cameras but no real change (in actual fact, I think the first camera I had in this position was slightly better).

As I am new to this game, is this just what these domes (with plastic dome enclosing both the lens and illumination) do and this is the best that I can expect?

I don't think the street light opposite is causing the problem, as I have another camera installed that has a similar washed out image.

What can be done to improve the night image with infrared illumination - I have been through all the settings via the camera's web interface.

Night Image in Night Mode:243934_1.jpg

Night Image in Day Node:243934_2.jpg

Yes, that's how they work. Upgrade to the Hikivsion ds-2cd2732f-is to get less IR bleed or to be honest, for less money, get the ds-2cd3332-i eyeball cameras, zero chance of this every happening.

I think the problem is the plastic body and dome cover and the black plastic cover inside. If things are over-tightened, not tightened enough, the black cover is on crooked, the lens is not aimed the right spot this happens. But you have a warranty, tell Swann, let them tell you how to resolve it.

What is different about the Hikvision DS-2CD2732f-I? It looks like it would (potentially) have the same issue?

The DS-2CD3332-I does look interesting, especially with the 3 axis.

Is the DS-2CD2332-I the same? Is it a Chinese version vs. a US version?

Anyway, I have submitted a support request with Swann to see what can be done - especially as I bought them for there 30 - 35m IR performance.

What is different about the Hikvision DS-2CD2732f-I? It looks like it would (potentially) have the same issue?

From what I can remember, the foam ring build was improved so IR reflection wasn't a problem any longer.