djadam

Dahua hf3300 POE Cameras

Hi all.

I have been using Dahua cameras for a while now.

2 Cameras were flashing IR out of the box. My Supplier was very helpful about supplying two new cameras to replace these.

A previous job 6 months old has started to do the same thing.

anyone else had any similar problems.

We think its a heat issue as an experiment was conducted and after plugging in it took about 2 mins to flash.

The cameras were put in a freezer for 5 mins and then tested and it then took 20-30 minutes to flash.

Supplier is waiting for Dahua to help.. I tried to get onto Dahua and they said i must go through supplier.

Hopefully it may need a new firmware as I really dont want to hire a scizzor lift to change 3 cameras.

Thanks

Adam

HF3300 are box cameras with no IR, nor lenses.

How did you connect the IRs to the cameras?

sorry Dexterash

they are hfw3300 http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hfw3300c--15.html

I have been talking to my supplier, and while he is in the middle of all this there seems to be a batch that are flashing IR right out of the box..

The factory wont talk to me and Now I am really annoyed.

The real issue is who is going to pay to access these cameras and keep the customer happy.

The local supplier is willing to swap the cameras when Dahua will send him stock and he is trying to do that asap.

But cameras are always put high up and access equipment is needed and that all costs money and technicians dont come cheap.

My hfw3200 has the same problem with flashing IR. I can't figure out how to fix it so decide to just switch it to day mode. Even though in day mode, if you're looking at the camera at night time, you see the IR continues flashing.

Is the inside of the sun screen white or painted black?

Thats a good question.

I have one with me that works fine...it is painted black.

I will have to go to the install and check now.

My hfw3200 has the same problem with flashing IR. I can't figure out how to fix it so decide to just switch it to day mode. Even though in day mode, if you're looking at the camera at night time, you see the IR continues flashing.

Hi Final Wish.

you cant turn off the IR.

My supplier has managed to get china to log in to the camera from China and it isnot a firmware or software issue.

They are going to swap over 3 cameras for me.

we have already taken 3 back from another install.

and the 5 he has in the shop are also doing the same thing.

Adam

;) 90% that's your problem!

Im not convinced as it starts to flash after a few minutes.

it was put into a freezer for 5 minutes and then tested again..it took about 20 mins to flash..

Theory is something is overheating.

Hi Final Wish.

you cant turn off the IR.

My supplier has managed to get china to log in to the camera from China and it isnot a firmware or software issue.

They are going to swap over 3 cameras for me.

we have already taken 3 back from another install.

and the 5 he has in the shop are also doing the same thing.

Adam

I think you can telnet to the router and do the following to turn off/on the IR.

echo 1>/proc/bd_motor 1

echo 1>/proc/bd_motor 0

The HFW3300C/3200C and HFW2100S don't have independent control of the IR. The IR LEDs are turned on and off by the photosensor on the board, not by the software. You can test this by blocking and unblocking the sensor as soon as the power is applied, before the camera has booted.

The only way to turn off the IR completely is to unplug the IR board, which doesn't affect camera operation. If you leave it in color mode, it doesn't matter much, though there is a little IR bleed through the filter.

Do the telnet commands change the filter position instead of turning the IR on and off?

The HFW3300C/3200C and HFW2100S don't have independent control of the IR. The IR LEDs are turned on and off by the photosensor on the board, not by the software. You can test this by blocking and unblocking the sensor as soon as the power is applied, before the camera has booted.

The only way to turn off the IR completely is to unplug the IR board, which doesn't affect camera operation. If you leave it in color mode, it doesn't matter much, though there is a little IR bleed through the filter.

Do the telnet commands change the filter position instead of turning the IR on and off?

Maybe you're right Maxicon, but can't verify since the root/vizxv login doesn't work as telnet login anymore.

Anyone aware of the new login password?

Hi Guys,

The supplier has some new cameras for me. So after the easter break I will go back to the installation and change them over.

Its got something to do with the IR sensors..

I dont believe that I am the only one. I have had 6 faulty ones in the last 2 months..so I think there in a bit of strife .

FINALLY have a solution for this annoying problem. It seems to be some kind of grounding issue. I had it with 50% of the HFW3200C cameras I installed. Very annoying. Isolating the ring has stopped the blinking nightvision.

That fix didn't work for me. Waiting to see if Dahua has an answer. It stops for a while and works fine, then starts doing it again, filling up my hard drive with the LED's going on/off all night. Mine is an ipc-hfw3200cn and is 2 years old (bet not many on this forum older than that) but didn't do it until recently.

With all this activity happening at the same time, could it be an EMP from a solar flare. Seems like we are in the peak of an 11 year cycle of solar flare activity and maybe it's targeting only the large Dahua bullets.

That fix didn't work for me. Waiting to see if Dahua has an answer. It stops for a while and works fine, then starts doing it again, filling up my hard drive with the LED's going on/off all night. Mine is an ipc-hfw3200cn and is 2 years old (bet not many on this forum older than that) but didn't do it until recently.

With all this activity happening at the same time, could it be an EMP from a solar flare. Seems like we are in the peak of an 11 year cycle of solar flare activity and maybe it's targeting only the large Dahua bullets.

Was it only on one of your cameras, or more than one? Also, if you remove the lens cap, does the blinking stop? It's been three days since I did the electrical tape on mine and all of them are rock solid at night again (mine were about 15 months old and newer, I bought them in two batches).

hi guys.

the Problem I have been told is that it was some sensors or part used by dahua.

take the cameras back to you wholesaler.

The replacement cameras were bench tested in the box for a week and now flashing.

recently i have had problems with the 8 channel nvr rebooting constantly after 11 months.

Took it back and they replaced it with a new model.

I can't complain about replacements but I am a little annoyed that you have to lose the time to go back and deal with unhappy customers through no fault of my own.