Sign in to follow this  
myiicu

New Hikvision Ultra Low light 2MP Box Camera w/ DarkFighter

Hikvision has just announced a new Ultra Low Light 2MP IP Box Camera with DarkFighter.

DS-2CD6026FHWD.

http://www.hikvision.com/en/Press-Release-details.asp?id=2619

Some new features are:

2MP 1/2" progressive scan cmos image sensor

120dB WDR

1080p @ 60fps

Color 0.002 Lux

B/W 0.0002 Lux

11.0mm-40mm or 3.8mm-16mm lens.

The final specs pending approvals, should be released next month.

No ETA on shipping yet...

The more I work with M12 lenses, the more I miss CS mounts! Expensive, yes, but so much better performance.

C/CS mount Day/Night MP rated lens are nice but currently too pricy!

1/3" Day/Night MP rated lens costs one arm and one leg.

1/2" Day/Night MP rated lens costs two arms and two legs.

4K Day/Night rated lens costs two family jewels.

Maybe I'll learn how to grind n polish glass....rant...

'Dark Fighter' type stuff is usually code for digital crap that hurts the image more than it helps it. And you end up dialing most of it down or out to get a proper image. But, we'll see.

They demo'ed it at ISC and it looked pretty impressive. They had the camera in a dark box with no visible light and you can see the objects inside spinning on a turntable. Don't know when it will be available, but still in beta testing. They also had a hemispheric camera with cool functionality in ivms4200 where you can click around an fisheye image and it changes what's displayed in corrected streams. Also, they had a covert camera along the lines of the Axis covert camera where it's a box, maybe the size of a pack of cigarettes and a sensor/lens on a wire. Typically used in ATM's and such. They claim very good WDR which is required for ATM's as you can have the sun to your back when using one. Again, all this is trade show stuff, not something you can buy.

Has anyone tried out this camera yet? I would like to see some sample videos other than the marketing ones.

Has anyone tried out this camera yet? I would like to see some sample videos other than the marketing ones.

I ordered the 11-40MM version , plus the 6MP 30FPS box camera and one of the new bullet cameras with analytics. Hoping to have them soon.

Just check the tracking I will have the DarkFighter camera today or Thursday.

I ordered the 11-40MM version , plus the 6MP 30FPS box camera and one of the new bullet cameras with analytics. Hoping to have them soon.

Just check the tracking I will have the DarkFighter camera today or Thursday.

Did you get a chance to try out the DarkFighter?

Yes i have both the 2MP Darkfighter and 6MP box camera. Both are impressive but not very useful because they are large box cameras. Looking forward to the dome and bullet versions.