Sign in to follow this  
pcmcg

Milestone Xprotect Camera Motion Event Recording Setup

Looking at Milestone Xprotect Go suite. Got a couple of recording setup questions when using a builtin camera motion events?

1) If you set recording mode to 'always on', will it still mark the motion events? I'm really interested in having 24/7 recording but have all the motion events bookmarked. Exacqvision did this by default, what about XProtect?

2) Can you change the recording speed for motion and non-motion. For example record 5 fps always, and then 30fps on motion event? Again, I've seen other software do this.

Been reading a lot of positive reviews and I feel that Milestone has the best setup and UI so far. I'm hoping I get get it to work. Maybe I need to use the paid version for some of these features? Thanks.

2) Can you change the recording speed for motion and non-motion. For example record 5 fps always, and then 30fps on motion event? Again, I've seen other software do this.

Found out this can be done. The feature is called "speedup", but it's not part of XprotectGo series. You need the paid Essentials version for this.

1) If you set recording mode to 'always on', will it still mark the motion events? I'm really interested in having 24/7 recording but have all the motion events bookmarked. Exacqvision did this by default, what about XProtect?

I was able to stumble on the solution to this as well.

1) In your camera admin, make sure motion events are on, and you have motion area defined.

2) In milestone management app, set the camera recording to always on.

3) Next, go to Events and Outputs -> Hardware Input Events, then double click to open dialog. Open the hardware device, you should see something like "camera motion start" and "camera motion stop". Enable both of these events, and now Milestone will mark when motion starts and stops during the recording.