Sign in to follow this  
diegodog

freezing weather

I am currently looking at the 1080 16 channel system by Swann at Costco. I live in Northern Maine where we can get 30 below at times. Will this be an issue for the outdoor cameras?

I am currently looking at the 1080 16 channel system by Swann at Costco. I live in Northern Maine where we can get 30 below at times. Will this be an issue for the outdoor cameras?

It got cold here in Ohio this winter. I don't think we hit 30 below, but I had a Swann go purpleish and non-functional at night. It was fine once it warmed up. Another one (Lorex) that was more exposed was fine through the winter. I consider the Swann and Lorex interchangeable, but...

I have another Lorex (the exposed one mentioned above) that is down after a squirrel attack. Still trying to figure out if it was the camera or my replacement cabling.

Hmm the official operating temperature of the mini bullet cameras is -13 F ~ 140 F. If the cable that provides the power is protected from the elements it should be OK, i had one guy put the camera in a walk-in freezer and haven't had any complaints.