Sign in to follow this  
marley1

NVR Software - GeoVision Camera

Hoping someone can help. I have a client that a previous computer tech sold them a bunch of Geovision camera and Geovision NVR software. The NVR software is horrible and I want to replace with something else. They budget right now is low so I hoped to use BlueIris but any time I add a camera I am getting No Signal.

I was hoping for some other software to use that would be more flexible. Doesn't need to be free, but needs to be cheap enough. Even if it only records for a week that would be fine.

I wanted to use Milestone but the 8 camera limit is an issue. They have 12 cameras.

Any ideas? Or anyway to get Blue Iris working?

Is Geovision not a choice when selecting a camera in BI? It may ask for a port number, try 554 or 8554 for the rtsp port and see if that works.

You can chose generic RTSP if you know the RTSP string. Try rtsp://IPADDRESS:8554/CH001.sdp if that doesn't work, try 554.

You can also email Ken, blueirissoftware@gmail.com He knows more about BlueIris than any of us, he wrote it.

All the commercial grade NVR software solutions start at about the same price, $50/camera. I personally settled on Milestone XProtect, good support, product is reliable, good web client from usable from PC or Mac and good smartphone app. Uses small amount of CPU per camera. Other players in this space are Exacq (about the same sized company as Milestone, making them the two largest) and Avigilon, a camera manufacturer that has NVR software.

If you want cheaper, check out BlueIris, available for $40 per PC. Works well but lacks some features the big boys have and can be CPU heavy.

Just about all of them can be downloaded for free for a trial period. Milestone even offers a free version for up to 8 cameras.

I suggest to be patient.

GeoVision announced the new GV-VMS v14.10 Software.

It should be ready really soon (2nd Q of 2014) and It seems that It's completely new Development.

It will be Free up to 32 GeoVision Camera Channels.

GV-VMS1.thumb.jpg.458bf9b87e14185e6a16e80f57b47c2a.jpg

GV-VMS2.thumb.jpg.5699941c63cec60fb723d2a097b41435.jpg