Sign in to follow this  
avoid

Choosing an NVR solution ?

Hello,

I got the idea - customers to purchase IP cameras, and I would suggest NVR service-a kind of surveillance hosting / I will work with Hikvision cameras /. Can anyone offer as idea, what solution is good for starters - PC based NVR ot hardware NVR - maintain more cameras and to maintain a resolution of 1.3 to 3mpx.

WHAT IS THE BEST SOLUTION ?

The NVR only needs to keep records and streeming to clients and and managing customer access to their cameras.

p.s.

My idea is a NAS server + stream server installed to PC - THIS IS GOOD IDEA OR NO ?

What's the budget? What camera brands would you want to introduce in the future? Are there other features you may want to integrate later like POS, LPR, analytics? If it's a PC, is there anything else the PC can be used for, for example, access control. If it's a NAS, is there anything else the NAS can be used for, for example, PC backups.

NVR budget is around 600-1000 dollars /and possibly more depending on the options offered/.

Camera to be used only Hikvision models - DS-2CD3232D-I5, DS-2CD3212D-I5, DS-2CD3210D-I5 - and so economical series.

The main activity of NVR will be customer records and streeming to their. With names and passwords to access your own records and Live view. I can not turn on the monitor to the system / not to load additional /.

If there is extra NVR for mobile application will be fine.

Suggest good software for NVR or something ?

For your type of budget, most NVR systems will be unaffordable.

Take a look at uVMS - it supports any IP camera and has an intuitive web interface and a rich feature set. We run it on a single Windows Server machine; the recording is distributed to a RAID array. http://www.umediaserver.net/uvms/index.html

David

In your budget, you can get an inexpensive PC, maybe $300-400 and run Milestone Essential, $49/camera and have a pretty good solution in your price range that supports a very wide assortment of camera brands, is expandable/flexible, has very good smartphone apps and a web client accessible from PC or Mac. So say 8 cameras, license cost $392, PC $400, total in the middle of your price range.

An alternative would be BlueIris, $40 for the PC license, but you would need a faster PC, maybe an i7, so PC cost a little more, maybe $600-700, again, the middle of your price range. Supports a lot of cameras. It has smartphone apps and web client.

What I would hate about investing big bucks on an NVR is when it breaks, it's an appliance, may not be repairable, so you are down until you can get it repaired or replaced. PC's on the other hand are ubiquitous, can be quickly repaired/replaced. We had a $2,000 NVR on a project from a company called OpenEYE, U.S. based, local support and when it broke which was when it was a few weeks old it took weeks to get it fixed.

As for security, my NVR PC only runs the server components and is hidden, much in the same way an NVR might be with restricted access. The PC has robust Windows security that's proven and even once on the PC, you have to log into the software. I used RDP to access the PC, so no monitor, keyboard or mouse needed for it.

According to your cameras are Hikvision, i recommend you can chose the DS-7608NI-SE/P which support 4TB hard drive and allow your customer to view cameras easily.

And it will be just $392 on nasasafe

Thank you for your answers.

System which I asked the above question to support a large number of cameras 20 and up.

Milstone software is good, has features that are not available for any NVR, but to make an example calculation:

1. for 8 cameras license Milestone about 392 USD/8*49/ + price PC, but DS-7608NI-SE from Aliexpress /http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-DHL-Free-Shipping-Alarm-System-8CH-UP-To-5MP-Hikvision-NVR-DS-7608NI-SE-P/1703017808.html/ to Bulgaria is 217 usd.

2. For 16 cameras - things are the same.

In what situation is software Milstone is financially viable ?

I would like to ask a PC system with Milestone, how many cameras can operate at 1.3Mp / natural depends on the parameters of the computer for example as a quad core CPU 8 GB ram. and etc. / with normal stress.

I would like to ask a PC system with Milestone, how many cameras can operate at 1.3Mp / natural depends on the parameters of the computer for example as a quad core CPU 8 GB ram. and etc. / with normal stress.

I run 10 cameras, mostly 3MP (who use 1.3MP anymore), full frame rate, on an OLD Intel i3-540 processor, about 20% CPU busy. I would hate to run the CPU beyond 50% because then it generate to much heat, shortens it's life, so in my case, I can easily double the amount of cameras.

The value prop is this, you did not factor in the cost of the HDD with the NVR, but many PC's already come with a HDD. Also, the NVR, if it breaks, your only option is likely get a new one, with a PC, it's likely to be repairable. Also, with software, I can support many different brands of cameras, with the NVR, you are very limited. Also, with an NVR, you are limited to the capacity of the device, for example, if you buy an 8 channel NVR, you can't add a 9th camera. Also, software license is permanent, NVR has a life.

But lets change the numbers in your scenario, buy a used PC, $100, put in Milestone XProtect Go for $0 for 8 cameras. Which is cheaper now? Also, Axxonsoft, closer to your region, free for up to 16 cameras. Also, you can run Hikvision iVMS4200 NVR software for free, why run Milestone?