Hello,

I have been searching for a new supplier of Hikvision OEM.

I am aware of LTS Securities, and Winic, but I am sure there are more out there who offer Hikvision OEM.

If you could all be so kind enough to list Importers who pull Hikvision in as a "private" label so I can search for a new Hikvision OEM supplier

Our current supplier is switching over to Dahua, and I would like to stay with Hikvision OEM.

The reason for OEM is so end user's can't Google the model# and instantly have ebay/google ruin a sale. I need ability of Blind Drop Shipping, with non-labeled box and non-labeled cameras.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and thank you for your time!

FYI we were told by Hikvsion at ISC 2014 that they are going to start to limit the features of the OEM Hikvision lines. I am not sure what this full means yet but they made it sound like if you're using OEM Hikvision cameras with 3rd party VMS platforms that this will no longer be possible.

Also sideloading Hikvision firmware on to OEM cameras will no longer be possible. We will see

Yes Hikvision is basically erasing all OEM in general to make it one generic OEM firmware.

So instead of having several different OEM firmwares they will only have one. This Firmware will also have the ability to change model numbers as needed.

In theory this is awesome, cause now instead of having 5.0 firmware on IPC and waiting for you vendor to get updated to 5.1, everyone will have 5.1 at the same time on OEM channel. It will make OEM support much greater.

As for VMS that is interesting, with all the OEM firmware being 2.2 ONVIF it would be as compatible with other vendor VMS as hikvision branded IPC would be.

So if anyone would like to list some possible OEM providers, or inbox me some leads I would greatly appreciate it.

You have Swann, Trendnet & Lorex selling Hik OEM. The problem with their OEM is they are limited in what models, lenses and stuff they have. LTS probably has the largest selection and their cameras are starting to look nothing like Hikvision, so I bet in a year, it will be two distinct lines both in appearance and functionality.

It will be very interesting. But since Hikvision makes Honeywell and GE camera's anyways, it seems pointless to pay more for a name brand.

I find it very hard to believe LTS is the only supplier, so there are no other ones?

The ones I listed are all east coast, I would assume there would be some on the west coast also.

It will be very interesting. But since Hikvision makes Honeywell and GE camera's anyways, it seems pointless to pay more for a name brand.

I find it very hard to believe LTS is the only supplier, so there are no other ones?

The ones I listed are all east coast, I would assume there would be some on the west coast also.

those OEM distributors are

LTS, Winnic, Hunt, Q1C1

Hello,

I am aware of LTS Securities, and Winic, but I am sure there are more out there who offer Hikvision OEM.

If you could all be so kind enough to list Importers who pull Hikvision in as a "private" label so I can search for a new Hikvision OEM supplier

Our current supplier is switching over to Dahua, and I would like to stay with Hikvision OEM.

The reason for OEM is so end user's can't Google the model# and instantly have ebay/google ruin a sale. I need ability of Blind Drop Shipping, with non-labeled box and non-labeled cameras.

Hmm...does your current vendor take off all the labeling for you? What happens when an RMA is needed and there's no model number and serial number stickers? I think your end user can also google the OEM's model number and find it on ebay and amazon, probably not as easy as with HIkvision but not impossible. Its quite a bit more labor I'm not sure if any OEM would do it for you without extra cost.

FYI we were told by Hikvsion at ISC 2014 that they are going to start to limit the features of the OEM Hikvision lines. I am not sure what this full means yet but they made it sound like if you're using OEM Hikvision cameras with 3rd party VMS platforms that this will no longer be possible.

Also sideloading Hikvision firmware on to OEM cameras will no longer be possible. We will see

I actually registered on this forum today to ask for help with purchasing a second 'HikVision' PTZ camera, but as I scanned through this form, I noticed that one of my own questions might be indirectly applicable to your comments.

I have a 720p PTZ camera that has a Hikvision 20x camera module and a v5.02 firmware that looks identical to the v5.02 firmware found on genuine Hikvision PTZ cameras (with exception of the missing logo). It's compatible with HikVision's IVMS-4200 Client software and it worked with other mobile applications that I tested as a Hikvision device...

However, when I contacted the supplier to ask if I could download and flash Hikvision's latest 5.1.x PTZ firmware, they responded very quickly with "NO!". The explanation was that while the Camera module/firmware was from HikVision, the PTZ component of the camera was not compatible with the Firmware offered on the HikVision site.

This left me with three thoughts:

1) Maybe it's an OEM camera with subtle changes that require a custom Firmware

2) Perhaps they are obliged to hide the fact that the original Hikvision firmware would in fact work

3) I just have a chinese camera with a Hikvision camera module (in which case I'm probably wasting your time)

Needless to say, I haven't tried installing Hikvision's own firmware for fear of "bricking" my camera.

I actually registered on this forum today to ask for help with purchasing a second 'HikVision' PTZ camera, but as I scanned through this form, I noticed that one of my own questions might be indirectly applicable to your comments.

I have a 720p PTZ camera that has a Hikvision 20x camera module and a v5.02 firmware that looks identical to the v5.02 firmware found on genuine Hikvision PTZ cameras (with exception of the missing logo). It's compatible with HikVision's IVMS-4200 Client software and it worked with other mobile applications that I tested as a Hikvision device...

However, when I contacted the supplier to ask if I could download and flash Hikvision's latest 5.1.x PTZ firmware, they responded very quickly with "NO!". The explanation was that while the Camera module/firmware was from HikVision, the PTZ component of the camera was not compatible with the Firmware offered on the HikVision site.

This left me with three thoughts:

1) Maybe it's an OEM camera with subtle changes that require a custom Firmware

2) Perhaps they are obliged to hide the fact that the original Hikvision firmware would in fact work

3) I just have a chinese camera with a Hikvision camera module (in which case I'm probably wasting your time)

Needless to say, I haven't tried installing Hikvision's own firmware for fear of "bricking" my camera.

very good chance you will brick the camera if you purchased it recently.

Which OEM vendor did you purchase the PTZ from.

Well there's no benefit to them saying 'yes it will work with Hikvision firmware.'

If it works, you might buy directly from Hikvision.

If it doesn't work and you brick it, then they have to give you a replacement.

Do they have custom firmware with almost up to date firmware versions?

Hikvision cameras are pretty good at rejecting the wrong firmware. so probably doesn't hurt. Also, one of the only camera companies I've worked with that gives you a backdoor way to reload firmware using TFTP. So the risk is low, just make sure you have a copy of the current firmware from the OEM just in case so you can go back. The worst case I had is that it deleted the admin account updating an OEM Hik with Hikvision firmware but that was on an NVR, never had it happen on a camera but was able to reset it with a code provided by Hikvision but they are not doing that as much anymore, especially if it's OEM.

It's important to make sure you have the latest firmware at all times, LOL, only kidding, it's always a risk on any brand of camera to update firmware as it can introduce as many bugs as it fixes. So unless you really need to update the firmware, don't do it.

Also, updating firmware from Hikvision on an OEM camera will still display the OEM name for the camera, that's fixed in an eprom along with the serial number, not something you can ever change.

So how do you like the Hikvision PTZ? I'm more of a Dahua fan when it comes to PTZ, so have been curious if their PTZ's work well, good image quality. Please post images day/night.

Sorry if I've given the impression that I was looking for advice on upgrading the firmware on my camera. My post was only intended as a response to @thewireguys, who mentioned that he'd heard about OEM Hikvision cameras having some sort of feature limitation in the future. I thought that my camera might just be an example of that, but I wasn't sure. With me being new to the forum, I decided to post the info that I had on my camera - purely in the hope that it might help.

I purchased my camera from cctvdiscover.com (model DS-2DF7285-K20), but I don't actually know if it's a true Hikvision camera. All I can say is that it has the 5.02 Hikvision firmware (minus the Hikvision logo) and it works with Hikvision's software. The only additional thing I've noticed, is that the last firmware update (from cctvdiscover.com) resulted in the OSD Date being displayed in Chinese. I don't use that feature though, so it doesn't bother me too much.

Craig.

The reason OEM vendors say "NO" to firmware pushes from Hikvision is because it might change the model # (Such as one OEM I know happens), and it will brand the camera interface definite.

And when I say brand the camera, it puts hikvision logos on the camera interfaces, etc. Something your OEM doesn't want you to know in the first place.

Hmm...does your current vendor take off all the labeling for you? What happens when an RMA is needed and there's no model number and serial number stickers? I think your end user can also google the OEM's model number and find it on ebay and amazon, probably not as easy as with HIkvision but not impossible. Its quite a bit more labor I'm not sure if any OEM would do it for you without extra cost.

Nope, the OEM has serial #s on the cameras. They use different stickers, etc. Actually Hikvision is works well with OEM, they send thier own CDS, own labels on the cameras, and the Boxes for OEM are all generic (brown) and they just stick there own custom OEM labels on it with OEM model# instead of the hikvision model #

I've had success putting OEM firmware on a HIK vision camera... can't say if the newer models will work but i'm using some of their older models that have been out a while.

Nope, the OEM has serial #s on the cameras. They use different stickers, etc. Actually Hikvision is works well with OEM, they send thier own CDS, own labels on the cameras, and the Boxes for OEM are all generic (brown) and they just stick there own custom OEM labels on it with OEM model# instead of the hikvision model #

Hi we are a UK based HikVision OEM any info required then please get in touch let us know where you are were currently looking to enter a US market

There is also a brand called MAZi security that has many oem hikvision products. Their web interface is a dislocated, changed color of the Hikvision original one !!

Hello everyone,

I am testing a OEM Hikvision DS-2CD2412F-I(W) here in Brazil. Since it is a Hikvision OEM IP camera, I was hopping to make it work with iVMS-4500 Windows 8.1 mobile version, but it didn't work at all, not only on windows mobile, but the iVMS-4500 doesn't accept this OEM camera in any platform, it gives a user login or password error. The OEM says that it cant work even if I try to change it for a Hikvision firmware and I am afraid of doing it and brick the camera.

Anyone knows another Windows Mobile 8.1 app that I could try?

Thanks for any kind of help in this subject,

Giovani

Sao Jose, SC

Brazil

Hello,