ljw2k

Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-I, night Capture

Here is a night capture of my English Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-I 2.8mm lens setup on WiFi with Audio.

Picture is Amazing Night and more so Daytime and have ordered another for the rear of the property.

Front_Front_Camera1_20140602215104_1332653.thumb.jpg.b1b14428e1f781ad644673b1240bf7a1.jpg

nice photo. can you tell me where you ordered your english version, i need 2 more.

it would be interesting to see a photo when its dark at night, i.e. 2am to check out the ir. how did you hook the audio up?

Aliexpress I bought the camera from Fiona ( China Security Wholesale )

To be honest there is a street light straight outside my house and I get some glare from the dome glass on the camera but still very acceptable.

The sound comes through when I enable it in the hikvision software right click in the image ..> enable Sound.

Front_Front_Camera1_20140603000941_711538.thumb.jpg.c65d5c2944ec8487643c4abaa1a8a4cd.jpg

The audio connector on the dongle only needs to be connected if you want to use 2 way audio. Without any audio connections as long as you are streaming video and audio you can enable audio in the live view window. If you are not able to enable the audio then change your stream from Video only.

Thanks. I didn't realize they had a built in mic.

Edited by Guest

That's good looking night video. What's your maximum exposure time set for, and do you get motion blur when cars drive by? It must be a fairly long exposure, like 1/12 second, or else your neighborhood is pretty well lit at night.

Not sure what the exposure is set at as I am still working my way around the software and being honest the night video has a lot of smear and shadow but I have read somewhere this can be adjusted in some settings somewhere and needs looking at .

As for the Day video on a 2.8mm lens I think it is very acceptable indeed and no it's not going to read number plates at 30yrds you would probably need a 12mm lens with a narrower viewing angle to do that.

I bought it mainly for watching the cars mine and the wifes who parks across the road hence the 2.8mm lens maybe I should have gone 6mm but well happy with the quality it produces much much better than my 700 TVL sony Effio.

Here is another small clip during the a dull day.

http://youtu.be/kXYMjTCK3Po

Placed the camera under the bay window as picture below:

013.thumb.jpg.fb6333986ca323e7f5d691d2c8dda28d.jpg

Looks good! do you have the one with the mic? Do you have an estimate about how far you can hear the audio from?

Yes I have the one with the built in Mic and WiFi Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-I

The microphone is very sensitive indeed and if you can past the wind and environmental noise easy 20-30ft with the volume turned up.

I bought mine from Ali-Express Fiona £124 delivered DHL to Uk 5 days.

Looks good! do you have the one with the mic? Do you have an estimate about how far you can hear the audio from?

I tested one last night. They do indeed have a inbuilt mic. A nice feature i was not aware of.

I read your other post about poor mic performance. One thing i noticed, through the web interface i found the sound performance really low/disappointing. Through BI it was far better range/clearer. It may have been my browser plugin or settings but worth checking.

I would definitely Recommend the camera to anyone and coming from the 700tvl Sony Effio is a BIG step up not only in performance but build quality also which is Awesome.

I tested one last night. They do indeed have a inbuilt mic. A nice feature i was not aware of.

I read your other post about poor mic performance. One thing i noticed, through the web interface i found the sound performance really low/disappointing. Through BI it was far better range/clearer. It may have been my browser plugin or settings but worth checking.

Oh I see, I will try out the sound from software instead of browser and see how it goes! Thanks!

If you are in the United States, you may wish to become familiar with wiretapping laws, Electronic Surveillance with audio, Eavesdropping laws, the Electronic Communication Privacy Act (ECPA) of 1986, and the Fourth Amendment or other laws within your particular jurisdiction...

For example, if you do not clearly post notice of AUDIO monitoring and recording, consider if you might jeopardize yourself attempting to use such evidence in court.

I know these cameras are being sold with mics, but be careful. I do not think people understand the serious legal issues presented once audio recording is introduced.

Not sure what the exposure is set at as I am still working my way around the software and being honest the night video has a lot of smear and shadow but I have read somewhere this can be adjusted in some settings somewhere and needs looking at .

:

I wanted to chime in with my experience with the Hikvision 3MP domes at night.

I have 4 cams installed around my home in various locations whilst the day images are very crisp and clear the night images leave a little to be desired.

The cam mounted at the front of my home is a 2CD2332 3mp 2.8mm and is installed on the second story where is gives a nice almost panoramic view of my front yard and driveway. There is almost no artificial light in the area except for the built in IR illuminator on the cam. The closest street lights are 50 metres in either direction of home.

At night an IR sensor turns on the porch light when people walk past but I still find that at the default 1/30 exposure, people are just a smear on the image. I would get nothing useful from a night time image if an intruder wandered in. Nothing I can do short of illuminating the area with more light will make the image better.

I read with interest about the low light capability of 720p camera vs 3mp cameras.

The Hikvision specs state the 3mp has 0.07lux min at F1.2 whilst the 720p version is 0.01lux min at F1.2.

I've ordered a 2CD2312 720p camera to compare the low light performance with my 3mp 2CD2332 in the same location.

Expecting to get it within the next week. Ill post some images of both when I can.

If someone knows of some comparative images that have been done elsewhere would be great to know.

There are 2 issues here:

- Long exposure times give very nice images, like the first few posts, but give lots of motion blur. At, say, 1/12 second, a person walking by at night is unrecognizable, but if they stopped for the camera, you'd get a pretty nice image.

- Shorter exposure times reduce motion blur, but the low light image quality drops, noise increases, and detail is lost in the darker areas. WDR doesn't help on the Hiks at night, as it increases noise too much.

My tests show that 1/30 sec gives decent images of people walking by if they're well lit, but if they're running, or if a car is driving by, you really need 1/60 sec or faster to get rid of the motion blur. At that setting, the Hik 2xxx series give dark, noisy low light images.

You either need better illumination, as venturis says, or a better low-light camera. In the old days, 1/2" sensors with fast CS mount lenses gave the best low light images, but the lens alone costs more than most Hik 2xxx series cameras.

Lower res helps by letting each sensor element capture more photons. Buellwinkle's tests have shown some cams that are better at low light than others, but in general low light performance in inexpensive MP cams is just not that great.

For the discount cam people, the Empire 2MP bullet has pretty impressive WDR that gives better results than Hik or Dahua. There's a thread showing some comparisons here:

http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?topic=7176.0

The audio connector on the dongle only needs to be connected if you want to use 2 way audio. Without any audio connections as long as you are streaming video and audio you can enable audio in the live view window. If you are not able to enable the audio then change your stream from Video only.

-------

If I purchase the following Hikvision products:

-Camera DS-2CD2532F-IWS (has built in mic and speaker)

-NVR 7716NI-SP/16

If I mount this cam at my front door: will I be able to talk to someone at my front door, using the Hikvision iPhone app?

The model with audio also has WiFi, does this WiFi model also have an ethernet port for hard wiring?

Will all video and audio go through one Cat 5e wire? (what is this "audio dongle" mentioned above?)

Is this Full duplex, half duplex, etc ?

Ideally I would like to set it up so: My iPhone is alerted by the camera detecting motion at the front door and I then can see who is there and converse as needed.

If this will not work ... other suggestions ?

Thanks Patrick

-NVR 7716NI-SP/16

If I mount this cam at my front door: will I be able to talk to someone at my front door, using the Hikvision iPhone app?

The model with audio also has WiFi, does this WiFi model also have an ethernet port for hard wiring?

Will all video and audio go through one Cat 5e wire? (what is this "audio dongle" mentioned above?)

Ideally I would like to set it up so: My iPhone is alerted by the camera detecting motion at the front door and I then can see who is there and converse as needed.

Thanks Patrick

There is no inbuilt speaker, only a mic. For them to hear you, you would need to connect a separate/external speaker via one of the IO connectors on the camera.

The wifi model also has a Ethernet port.

Video and Audio will go through the CAT5e wire

Full duplex

Attached a couple of photos to help show the connections. Hope this helps

111.thumb.jpg.010f4b0e6dae6ad602b53c469e24f1c5.jpg

222.thumb.jpg.44af75b280917018ce940867c0a37317.jpg

Thanks Patrick

These people make door-cam interface boxes, including some with speakers, designed around specific cube cams. Don't know your budget, and haven't tried these personally, but it's another option.

http://eholovision.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=210&Itemid=244

I think Hik makes some door-cams, but I don't know anything about them.

-NVR 7716NI-SP/16

Thanks Patrick

There is no inbuilt speaker, only a mic. For them to hear you, you would need to connect a separate/external speaker via one of the IO connectors on the camera.

The wifi model also has a Ethernet port.

Video and Audio will go through the CAT5e wire

Full duplex

Attached a couple of photos to help show the connections. Hope this helps

---------

Please see attach DS-2CD2532F-I(W)(S) screen shot below from Hikvision.com

It state "Built in microphone & speaker" - Is this a different model or is it a mistake?

- if there is a built in speaker - will the Hikvision iPhone app allow 2 way audio ?

- if there is not a built in speaker: I will also be using Channel Vision DP-0302 door intercom (rings all phones in the house using the TE110). Can I use this as the speaker for the camera also? (attached image)

656040212_ScreenShot2014-06-11at11_15_17PM.png.eee03fafc10503922402d21eeeea0c9b.png

1791425092_ScreenShot2014-06-11at11_27_38PM.thumb.png.a998319827eadc8205f3ccb834cb10cc.png

I think its a mistake. What's the full url where you obtained that screenshot?

I can confirm my camera does not have a built in speaker but there is an option on loom to add an external one.

It looks like the Channel Vision interface works with specific systems, which may also be the case with the Holovision bits I linked above:

http://www.smarthome.com/83647BZ/Channel-Vision-DP-0252-Front-Door-Unit-for-P-0920-and-P-0921-Phone-Entry-Systems-Oil-Rubbed-Bronze/p.aspx

Channel Vision Door Unit Compatibility

There are thee different types of systems that IU door plates can be used with. The compatibility for these different types of systems is indicated by the suffix of the model number which follows the 4-digit numerical code.

If there is not a letter suffix on the model number, such as DP-0212, that door plate is compatible with Channel Vision's telephone entry products, including models P-0920, P-0921, C-0920, and TE110.

If the suffix is the letter "P," such as DP-0212P, then the door plate is compatible with Panasonic's phone systems which are designed to use the Panasonic door phone model KXT-30865.

If the suffix is the letter "C," such as DP-0212C, then the door plate is compatible with Channel Vision's Whole House CAT5 Intercom Hub, model P-0920.