JohnnyBeGood

To buy or not to buy from aliexpress.com ?

Yes, that's the latest English version (assuming it's not the 5.1.6 that was pulled from the website and replaced later), so upgrading won't matter until a new version is released.

Yes, that's the latest English version (assuming it's not the 5.1.6 that was pulled from the website and replaced later), so upgrading won't matter until a new version is released.

Sorry but I just want to get a better understanding, if/when new English version comes out I should be able to update even though it has CN in the serial #, correct?

When a new version comes out, you have these options. Someone correct me if I have any of this wrong; I don't have any Chinese cams.

- Update with Chinese firmware, then load a hacked file or do the directory hack recently posted to give English access. Trying to update directly with English firmware will give you a Language Mismatch error.

- Update to English firmware via TFTP.

- Buy and install CBX's region change patch and never have to worry about it again.

- Update to English firmware via TFTP.

No that won't help it will still be Chinese even with EU/US firmware loaded via TFTP. It isn't Chinese or EU/US firmware that decides what language the OSD and menus are.

I meant that this would load the new firmware, but you're right, it's important that the interface would be Chinese at that point. This update would also need the hacked file to convert to English.