JohnnyBeGood

To buy or not to buy from aliexpress.com ?

Hi all,

I've been reading these forums for a while now and now I have a question that I can't find an answer for it. I'm trying to figure out what is popular brand/model and so I thought HikVision is but I came across this thread and buellwinkle's post http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37430 that says if I buy from China there will be issues installing/updating firmware.

Did anyone bought from aliexpress.com ? If I will have issues with firmware just because I will buy there instead of ie. Amazon and save $40 I would rather wait and save that and buy it in the U.S.

Thoughts?

I bought a Hikvision 2CD2632F-IS from aliexpress.com last month, delivery was fast (UPS), the cam had Chinese firmware which i successfully upgraded to English 5.1.6, using the paid for route in another post on this forum, worked with no issues, easy to do saved myself over £100

I also have a 2032, 6mm this was bought from a UK supplier, cam was bought for a beach webcam, I found out i needed a varifocus model, field of view to wide hence the 2632 to zoom in some.

I bought a Hikvision 2CD2632F-IS from aliexpress.com last month, delivery was fast (UPS), the cam had Chinese firmware which i successfully upgraded to English 5.1.6, using the paid for route in another post on this forum, worked with no issues, easy to do saved myself over £100

I also have a 2032, 6mm this was bought from a UK supplier, cam was bought for a beach webcam, I found out i needed a varifocus model, field of view to wide hence the 2632 to zoom in some.

Hikvision 2CD2632F-IS is little bit out of my budget ($150-190).

Seems like DS-2CD2032-I is popular around here.

I've bought a bit off Aliexpress in the past (mostly computer gear) and bought a couple of Hikvision cameras last week. The ones I bought were:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-camera-DS-2CD2132-I-Network-IP-camera-3MP-Mini-dome-Camera-w-3D-DNR-DWDR/1786704959.html - China Security Wholesale (Fiona who seems to be popular here)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OFF-Hikvision-DS-2CD2332-I-Network-IP-camera-3MP-dome-w-POE-3D-DNR-Full-HD1080p/1332116669.html - (2 of them, 1x 4mm and 1x 2.8mm) from Good Zhang

Both were ordered at the beginning of last week using 3-6 day DHL shipping to New Zealand. The 2132 arrived in NZ on Saturday and went through customs this morning, it's currently on a plane to the city I live in so I should get it in the next 48 hours (probably tomorrow).

The order from Good Zhang hasn't even been shipped yet, I checked with them first that they had the items in stock. They currently have 3 days 14 hours 43 minutes until the order is auto cancelled - I doubt I'll use them again.

Just to add, the 2632F-IS was more or less the same price I paid for the 2032 bought in UK

Same here as far the price difference.

Just curious, in your opinion what's the major difference between DS-2CD2632F-I(S) and DS-2CD2032-I is it quality of the video?

I've bought a bit off Aliexpress in the past (mostly computer gear) and bought a couple of Hikvision cameras last week. The ones I bought were:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-camera-DS-2CD2132-I-Network-IP-camera-3MP-Mini-dome-Camera-w-3D-DNR-DWDR/1786704959.html - China Security Wholesale (Fiona who seems to be popular here)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OFF-Hikvision-DS-2CD2332-I-Network-IP-camera-3MP-dome-w-POE-3D-DNR-Full-HD1080p/1332116669.html - (2 of them, 1x 4mm and 1x 2.8mm) from Good Zhang

Both were ordered at the beginning of last week using 3-6 day DHL shipping to New Zealand. The 2132 arrived in NZ on Saturday and went through customs this morning, it's currently on a plane to the city I live in so I should get it in the next 48 hours (probably tomorrow).

The order from Good Zhang hasn't even been shipped yet, I checked with them first that they had the items in stock. They currently have 3 days 14 hours 43 minutes until the order is auto cancelled - I doubt I'll use them again.

Thanks for sharing that. It is interesting because China Security Wholesale has 100.0% Positive feedback and other one good Zhang's has 97.9%.

If I end up buying there I will definitely be looking at the feedback and reviews.

Just to add, the 2632F-IS was more or less the same price I paid for the 2032 bought in UK

Just curious, in your opinion what's the major difference between DS-2CD2632F-I(S) and DS-2CD2032-I is it quality of the video?

Focus seemed very hard, difficult up ladder holding a laptop, and bright sunshine, you can see both here

http://www.newquayweather.com

HD1 cam is 2032 and

HD2 cam is 2632

2632 still needs tweaking on the colour etc, difficult to get right with the hot sunny days and slight heat haze

Cool, both cameras look sharp. I have a Hik cam on the water by me and found lowering sharpening got rid of some of the blockiness and artifacts. How did you embed the weather, via BlueIris?

Cool, both cameras look sharp. I have a Hik cam on the water by me and found lowering sharpening got rid of some of the blockiness and artifacts. How did you embed the weather, via BlueIris?

No just wrote a php script to upload to the camera own OSD using hikvisions API, cron job every 5 mins, also can can change shutter speed and a few other things, going to use it to alter cam settings for night time when I get some more free time.

I will try reducing the sharpness, cheeers

Thanks for sharing that. It is interesting because China Security Wholesale has 100.0% Positive feedback and other one good Zhang's has 97.9%.

If I end up buying there I will definitely be looking at the feedback and reviews.

The order from China Security Wholesale just arrived, 6 working days from placing the order to receiving the delivery and the box was well packaged with lots of bubble wrap. The good Zhang order still hasn't shipped, 2 days 19 hours 4 minutes until it auto cancels. I saved myself US$14 (total) by ordering from him, I don't think I'll buy from there again.

Focus seemed very hard, difficult up ladder holding a laptop, and bright sunshine, you can see both here

http://www.newquayweather.com

HD1 cam is 2032 and

HD2 cam is 2632

2632 still needs tweaking on the colour etc, difficult to get right with the hot sunny days and slight heat haze

When I checked it was daytime and both looked great in my opinion. Really nice view!

Thanks for sharing!

I just ordered 7 Hikvision Cameras from Aliexpress. I couldn't be happier. All came packaged nicely, all with English firmware, and shipping was super fast!

I ordered from Julia Li at CCTV Camera China. Communication was good, and again, shipping was super fast. I placed my order on June 9th and received in hand on June 16th in Toronto.

I ordered the following:

4 x DS-2CD2032-I

1 x DS-2CD2432F-IW

1 x DS-2CD2532S-IFW

1 x DS-2CD2732F-IS

All were installed yesterday and I couldn't be happier! Was quoted for 6 of the cameras from a local supplier (through Hikvision USA) and for 6 cameras (excluding the 2432) the quote was 3 times what I paid for 7 cameras!!

Very happy and would recommend in a heartbeat!

Cheers,

Matt

I just ordered 7 Hikvision Cameras from Aliexpress. I couldn't be happier. All came packaged nicely, all with English firmware, and shipping was super fast!

I ordered from Julia Li at CCTV Camera China. Communication was good, and again, shipping was super fast. I placed my order on June 9th and received in hand on June 16th in Toronto.

I ordered the following:

4 x DS-2CD2032-I

1 x DS-2CD2432F-IW

1 x DS-2CD2532S-IFW

1 x DS-2CD2732F-IS

All were installed yesterday and I couldn't be happier! Was quoted for 6 of the cameras from a local supplier (through Hikvision USA) and for 6 cameras (excluding the 2432) the quote was 3 times what I paid for 7 cameras!!

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks for sharing that!

I ordered the following:

4 x DS-2CD2032-I

1 x DS-2CD2432F-IW

1 x DS-2CD2532S-IFW

1 x DS-2CD2732F-IS

Cheers,

Matt

thanks for that! did you have to ask for the english firmware version or make it clear anywhere that you wanted the english firmware? i am about to place an order with them. i have asked julia a couple of times within other questions as to whether they ship with chinese firmware and seems to be ignoring this specific question.

forgive my ignorance, but is installing english fw difficult?

did you have to ask for the english firmware version or make it clear anywhere that you wanted the english firmware? i am about to place an order with them. i have asked julia a couple of times within other questions as to whether they ship with chinese firmware and seems to be ignoring this specific question.

You're not asking her the "right question".

They can ship them with English menus (readable in English) on request.

The firmware is probably a hex hacked version of 5.1.6 Chinese* that will revert to Chinese if ever updated.

* viewtopic.php?f=19&t=40240

forgive my ignorance, but is installing english fw difficult?

See the above link.

Also, "Hikvision region code changer"

Update:

I was not able to buy from CCTV CAMERA CHINA because my state has legal restrictions with aliexpress.

So I bought it from HUABEN Technology Co., Limited and after doing quick chat he sent me PayPal invoice and after paying he mailed. From order to delivery it was only 6 days.

Camera has English firmware/menus and only thing in Chinese was paper manual. So as promised he delivered what he promised.

2025416281_wastate.thumb.JPG.8a0598ccb3881ccc0c7fd0ecf350334b.JPG

The cameras on Aliexpress are using Chinese firmware, as now Hikvision has a very strict control for the firmware, so you could only update the firmware to a fixed version, if new one comes, your side can't update then, and these cameras are selling in Chinese market, just some guys buy on Chinese market and sell overseas.

That is why so cheap from China, but anyway, it would be good if you just for your own using, quality is still nice.

Correct, the firmware just could be in English, when new one comes, all can't update anymore.

But anyway English firmware is bit more expensive, this is the way Hikvision to protect their market in the world.

The cameras on Aliexpress are using Chinese firmware, as now Hikvision has a very strict control for the firmware, so you could only update the firmware to a fixed version, if new one comes, your side can't update then, and these cameras are selling in Chinese market, just some guys buy on Chinese market and sell overseas.

That is why so cheap from China, but anyway, it would be good if you just for your own using, quality is still nice.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Camera is being used for my home. Only language that I can choose is English.

So what you're saying is if new version comes out I won't be able to upgrade?

My current firmware version is V5.1.6 build 140412

english.jpg.63674973116b0a23ac6681618f9a414a.jpg

version.thumb.JPG.b29f0e3cccff54a2aaaf41cf8a50f4e6.JPG

Does the SN have "CH" in it? If so, it's a Chinese cam.

You could also try to upgrade to the current English version of 5.1.6 to see if you get the Language Mismatch error. If so, you have a patched Chinese cam; if not, you have the same software as you do now.

You could also try to upgrade to the current English version of 5.1.6 to see if you get the Language Mismatch error. If so, you have a patched Chinese cam; if not, you have the same software as you do now.

Looks like it does DS-2CD2032-I20140613CCCHxxxxxxxxx

Knowing that I don't need to try to upgrade to English, correct?

so the camera's firmware is Chinese, and won't be a big problem for your own using.

If you buy English firmware camera, that would be cost more, this is their selling policy.

Anyone know what the other variations of this are?. i.e. if its a european or usa etc ie what letters are being used by hikvision.

so the camera's firmware is Chinese, and won't be a big problem for your own using.

If you buy English firmware camera, that would be cost more, this is their selling policy.

Ok, since its on the latest version 5.1.6 I don't need to try to update to English?