buellwinkle

Dahua SD59230S-HN PTZ Tracking

In testing the Dahua SD50230S-HN 30X PTZ camera, someone asked me about tracking. It's a cool camera but for it's low price, it does not do tracking. So I found that iSpy can do PTZ tracking and it's free.

While it had PTZ definitions for 198 PTZ cameras, it did not have it for Dahua. What's cool about iSpy is you can use it for PTZ tracking only and some say is better than {TZ cameras that have tracking built in. You can run iSpy just for tracking, and record with your favorite recording solution or record with iSpy, the product is free but has optional pay plugins and features. The caveat is that no tracking solution is perfect as multiple objects can appear on the image and confuse the tracking.

Below is the tested XML section to include in the iSpy PTZ2.xml file and I submitted it to them so hopefully they'll just include it in future releases. I don't have the camera up anymore, but tested it on my desk. It tracked my hand. PTZ even at 30fps was very responsive and accurate, more so than from the browser interface. As long as you hold the arrow buttons in iSpy it went in that direction. I set the speed slow, but if you want faster PTZing or tracking, change arg2 to higher number where 1 is the slowest, 8 is the fastest.

To download this free open source software, their site is ispyconnect.com

<Camera id="199">
   <Makes>
     <Make Name="Dahua" Model="SD59230S" />
   </Makes>
   <CommandURL>/cgi-bin/</CommandURL>
   <Commands>
     <Left>ptz.cgi?action=start&channel=0&code=Left&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0</Left>
     <Right>ptz.cgi?action=start&channel=0&code=Right&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0</Right>
     <Stop>ptz.cgi?action=stop&channel=0&code=Right&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0</Stop>
     <Up>ptz.cgi?action=start&channel=0&code=Up&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0</Up>
     <Down>ptz.cgi?action=start&channel=0&code=Down&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0</Down>
     <ZoomOut>ptz.cgi?action=start&channel=0&code=ZoomWide&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0</ZoomOut>
     <ZoomIn>ptz.cgi?action=start&channel=0&code=ZoomTele&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0</ZoomIn>
     <LeftDown>ptz.cgi?action=start&channel=0&code=LeftDown&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0</LeftDown>
     <RightDown>ptz.cgi?action=start&channel=0&code=RightDown&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0</RightDown>
     <LeftUp>ptz.cgi?action=start&channel=0&code=LeftUp&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0</LeftUp>
     <RightUp>ptz.cgi?action=start&channel=0&code=RightUp&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0</RightUp>
   </Commands>
<ExtendedCommands>
     <Command Name="action=Preset 1">ptz.cgi?action=start&channel=0&code=GotoPreset&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0</Command>
     <Command Name="action=Preset 2">ptz.cgi?action=start&channel=0&code=GotoPreset&arg1=0&arg2=2&arg3=0</Command>
     <Command Name="action=Preset 3">ptz.cgi?action=start&channel=0&code=GotoPreset&arg1=0&arg2=3&arg3=0</Command>
   </ExtendedCommands>
 </Camera> 

Hello!

I'm not well versed with XML. Would you happen to know which setting I can try in iSpy's collection of Dahua camera configs? Cannot get a live pic using your setting, SD3282D-GN or the generic PTZ one.

I have the Dahua SD42212SN-HN PTZ Dome.

Thanks in advance!

iSpy said they would include this in their next release and this is months old, so you should be able to select this model from their list by now. There's basically a file called PTZ2.xml, you just have to add this in there. You can change the model number to what you like. The two cameras should be identical in commands sent.

That's what I tried to do by using the wizard & choosing the Dahua SD59230S-HN option.

The part that is confusing is choosing the correct URL command to access the video. Could you tell me what you used.

Thanks again!

Ok, the wizard gave me a URL to try for Dahua SD59230 using FFMPEG: rtsp://:554/cam/realmonitor

Not getting any picture/video at all

Also, tried setting for SD3282D-GN. These should all be identical. Don't know where to go from here.

Please do no respond to my previous reply.

I found the URL to use. For those a bit challenged like myself, I used this URL command to get video on iSpy:

rtsp://user:password@ip:port/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

Many thanks to Buellwinkle for all his help!

Well, I guess I spoke too soon! Have picture, but cannot use PTZ controller.

Any help on getting the PTZ going so I can try the auto-tracking would be great!

256628_1.jpg