abner

Need pin diagram for Lorex network camera

The center two pins on the etnernet type jack connection on my lorex network camera model MCNB 2151 aka LNB 2151, http://www.lorextechnology.com/IP-cameras-and-IP-surveillance-camera-solutions/IP-camera-for-NVR/prod360011.p got fried. It was under warranty, sent it back, got a new one. A couple of weeks after my one year warranty expired a second camera failed with the same symptoms. I figured I'd just put a new RJ45 jack on, waterproof it well, be good to go. So I called up Lorex asking for the pin diagram for the jack. They said no because if customers knew the pin diagram then they would play with the jack and void their warranty. Yeah, really!

So I tried to wire it the same as a patch cable only to discover the cable is not four twisted pair (green/greenwhite, brown/brownwhite, etc) but individual colors, brown, purple, yellow, green white, blue, grey, and orange.

I sure don't want to access any corporate secrets so i'll sign a non disclosure agreement and pledge my first born son as security.

Does anyone know which wire goes to which pin number?

if you have a working unit you could purchase a cheap cable tester from ebay or local supplier :- hook the end unit at one end of the cable , and connect the tester to the other end switch on and it will indicate pin 1 near connected to pin 1 far, pin 2 near connected to pin 2 far etc through the 8 pins.

similar to :-

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cable+data+tester&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=uJKwU8XpE4fIOeWmgKAL&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=775#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=kJbJ4782AGjnKM%253A%3B3OBg8toJ6h-NBM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.vpi.us%252Fvpi%252Fimages%252Fitems%252Ftester-cable.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.acidofire.com%252F2008_08_01_archive.html%3B300%3B277

Might have worked but the female jack was destroyed while tracing the pins (the pin connections are in a solid piece of plastic, not possible to trace the wire to the pin)

I know this is an old thread, but I had a similar problem and had to tear apart the old female connector to figure out the pin diagram. I wanted to post this to help anyone else in the future who has a similar issue.

I'm not sure if this will work for all Lorex IP cameras, but it worked for mine:

Lored HD IP Camera for an NVR system - pin diagram:

Lorex Connector - Cat 6 Connector

Orange - Stripe Orange

Yellow - Orange

Green - Stripe Green

Purple - Blue

Gray - Stripe Blue

Blue - Green

Brown - Stripe Brown

White - Brown

Hope it helps someone!

Here is the wiring colors for my Lorex LND2152B camera:

PIN | LOREX Colors | T-568B Ethernet Colors

1-- | -----Brown----| ----Orange / White-----

2-- | -----Purple----| ----Orange--------------

3-- | -----Orange---| ----Green / White------

4-- | -----Yellow----| -----Blue----------------

5-- | -----Green-----| ----Blue / White--------

6-- | -----Blue-------| ----Green---------------

7-- | -----Grey-------| ----Brown / White-----

8-- | -----White------| ----Brown--------------

My Lorex Camera has 10 wire

Model number is MCNB3153

I also had to cut the wire because of water infiltration in the RG45 Adaptor, and i am not able anymore to find

the wiring color code...

Please help

wich are

Black

Red

White

Green

Yellow

Orange

Blue

Grey

Purple

Brown

I just had to replace the connector on my FLIR dome camera, they make Lorex, claim Lorex is a lower quality camera than FLIR. I just posted the colors and how they transformed to the RJ45 connector. The previous posts may not be accurate nor do they specify which 468 standard they are using, A or B. The previous posts don't accurately show the colors of the wires for external 12 volts either. Search for my post, look for water damage in flir camera or rj45. If you can't find it, send a message to me and I'll give you a copy of the info from reverse engineering.

Jim

emptech at surewest.net

I just had to replace the connector on my FLIR dome camera, they make Lorex, claim Lorex is a lower quality camera than FLIR. I just posted the colors and how they transformed to the RJ45 connector. The previous posts may not be accurate nor do they specify which 468 standard they are using, A or B. The previous posts don't accurately show the colors of the wires for external 12 volts either. Search for my post, look for water damage in flir camera or rj45. If you can't find it, send a message to me and I'll give you a copy of the info from reverse engineering.

Jim

emptech at surewest.net

Hi. All above is correct ...... Looked at your other post and that is wrong.

You use A ...... The standard is B .. And should not be mixed

You are right, I used the 568A instead of the current B. In my case, as long as both ends were A, that's ok, A and B of course, would be a cross-over cable. Thanks for reminding me. It was late last night when I made the repair.

Jim

Jim

emptech at surewest.net

Hi. All above is correct ...... Looked at your other post and that is wrong.

You use A ...... The standard is B .. And should not be mixed

Here is the wiring colors for my Lorex LND2152B camera:

PIN | LOREX Colors | T-568B Ethernet Colors

1-- | -----Brown----| ----Orange / White-----

2-- | -----Purple----| ----Orange--------------

3-- | -----Orange---| ----Green / White------

4-- | -----Yellow----| -----Blue----------------

5-- | -----Green-----| ----Blue / White--------

6-- | -----Blue-------| ----Green---------------

7-- | -----Grey-------| ----Brown / White-----

8-- | -----White------| ----Brown--------------

This worked for me. LorexMCNB3153 Bullet Camera. Came with a Costco system. Great outdoor camera, except for the pins which rusted and went bad after about 6 months.

I am having the same issue. I have a Lorex LNB4321-C that only has 6 wires

blue, orange, grey, brown, yellow, purple

I am assuming that I would skip one pair in the wiring diagram. However, none of the colors match what would make up one pair to exclude.

I am having the same issue. I have a Lorex LNB4321-C that only has 6 wires

blue, orange, grey, brown, yellow, purple

I am assuming that I would skip one pair in the wiring diagram. However, none of the colors match what would make up one pair to exclude.

Hi. You would not be excluding one pair....... You just Match colour to the numbers.

Brown 1

Purple 2

Orange 3

Yellow 4

Blue 6

Gray 7

i have two Lorex IP cameras (model # MCNB3143) with damaged cat5E sockets. When i cut of the female sockets i discovered that there were only six cat5e wires instead of the four twisted pairs. I need to install new sockets but don't know the wiring diagram. The six wires on the camera are orange, yellow, green, purple, gray, blue, and brown. The new sockets are for a T586A wiring system (Canada). Can anyone help me?

i have two Lorex IP cameras (model # MCNB3143) with damaged cat5E sockets. When i cut of the female sockets i discovered that there were only six cat5e wires instead of the four twisted pairs. I need to install new sockets but don't know the wiring diagram. The six wires on the camera are orange, yellow, green, purple, gray, blue, and brown. The new sockets are for a T586A wiring system (Canada). Can anyone help me?

Hi. You list 7 not 6.......... Green would go to pin 5

Brown 1

Purple 2

Orange 3

Yellow 4

Green 5

Blue 6

Gray 7

oops...my bad. the 6 colors are brown, gray, purple, yellow, orange and blue. There is no green

Hi. Just connect to PIN numbers I have with the colours you have

If no green then nothing goes to pin 5

oops...my bad. the 6 colors are brown, gray, purple, yellow, orange and blue. There is no green

Hi. Just connect to PIN numbers I have with the colours you have

If no green then nothing goes to pin 5[/quotI connected the six wires to the pins you suggested but no luck

i tried matching the colors to the pins you suggested, but no luck

How are you powering the cameras ??

Have you had them working

Both cameras were working fine until cat5e boots got wet and pins corroded. i originally installed 3 cameras outdoors but one in under a stairwell and it gets very little weather and is working fine. They are poe cameras

I also connected the six wires to the pins you suggested and it did not work. Any other suggestions?

I also connected the six wires to the pins you suggested and it did not work. Any other suggestions?

Hi did not work in which aspect ?

How are you powering camera

Do any lights come on at camera

Also which standard did you use for your rj45. In first place A or B

PoE using rj45 B

I connected it to the server and there is no picture. In the dark there is no infrared light. It doesn't seem to be powered up at all.