abner

Need pin diagram for Lorex network camera

Hey everyone. I am needing PIN diagram for my Lorex network camera as well. Lorex has been completely dismissive on providing any sort of assistance.

Mine has 6 wires:

1. Orange

2. Orange and White Striped

3. Black and White Striped

4. Red and White Striped

5. Green

6. Green and White Striped

Does anyone know this combo and can help hooked it up to a new T568A/T568B Keystone Jack?

Hey everyone. I am needing PIN diagram for my Lorex network camera as well. Lorex has been completely dismissive on providing any sort of assistance.

Mine has 6 wires:

1. Orange

2. Orange and White Striped

3. Black and White Striped

4. Red and White Striped

5. Green

6. Green and White Striped

Does anyone know this combo and can help hooked it up to a new T568A/T568B Keystone Jack?

After several months of waiting, I finally got this info from Lorex. Although, it still doesn't work:

1. Orange and White Striped -> Orange and White Striped (Pin 1)

2. Orange -> Orange (Pin 2)

3. Green and White Striped -> Green and White Striped (Pin 3)

4. Black and White Striped -> Blue & Blue and White Striped (Pin 4 & Pin 5)

5. Green -> Green (Pin 6)

6. Red and White Striped -> Brown & Brown and White Striped (Pin 7 & Pin 8 )

While four of the wires makes sense, the Black and White Striped and Red and White Striped do not. I tried running a wire into both Pin 4 & Pin 5 and Pin 7 & Pin 8, and nothing. I also just put the wire into Pin 4 and then another wire into just Pin 7, without luck.

Any ideas? I will contact Lorex again to see if they can update me. Hopefully sooner than several months.

I don't meant to interrupt this conversation, but are you saying that the Lorex connectors will corrode in the rain?

Is this common or do all ip cameras have this prob?

IMG tags seem to be broken, cannot post images, here are links to my onedrive of pin out of camera and my home RJ45A (I believe)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AicSk7fcxgN8gdheiTqf9KnH95W_Rg

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AicSk7fcxgN8gdhi4DglOtE8GWXaLw

Lorex Model LNB8111

I also had weather take it out, POE camera

I am waiting on a crimper from amazon, but stripped it to see pin out, does not seem to match the pinout as I read from the previous post, I have RJ45A at home it seems

I get a tester with the crimp kit, that will work with a female end? New to this, sorry if they are knuckleheaded questions.

IMG tags seem to be broken, cannot post images, here are links to my onedrive of pin out of camera and my home RJ45A (I believe)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AicSk7fcxgN8gdheiTqf9KnH95W_Rg

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AicSk7fcxgN8gdhi4DglOtE8GWXaLw

Lorex Model LNB8111

I also had weather take it out, POE camera

I am waiting on a crimper from amazon, but stripped it to see pin out, does not seem to match the pinout as I read from the previous post, I have RJ45A at home it seems

I get a tester with the crimp kit, that will work with a female end? New to this, sorry if they are knuckleheaded questions.

Hi. Your solution is on first page of forum.

But you need to change all your Rj 45 to the network standard which is b.

Hi. You would not be excluding one pair....... You just Match colour to the numbers.

Brown 1

Purple 2

Orange 3

Yellow 4

Blue 6

Gray 7

Thank you, my house was just built, I cannot believe they did that, ugh, is there no way to wire it using the RJ45A setup? I am stuck switching all the heads?

Thank you, my house was just built, I cannot believe they did that, ugh, is there no way to wire it using the RJ45A setup? I am stuck switching all the heads?

Hi if it has not giving you problems then yes do A but later down the line when you add to your network with standard B then you will have problems .

But looking at your existing rj45 connections they are a mess and need re doing outer is not even secure

05AFA440-B459-4CD4-B233-E48007DF4F15.thumb.jpeg.ff94b633030383d85931126918be32fb.jpeg

Thanks for the heads up, will get to work on them this week, which means I have to change all the plugs on the wall to, bummer, thanks for the heads up.

Ok I registered so I could give some feedback. I have a Lorex 4K camera system that has only six wires on the Camera side of the RJ 45 and 2nd plug, and I used corresponding chart above to solder the connections because my female lorex corroded within a week when the lorex weatherproof cover failed - so I needed to connect direct and bypass the female end of the lorex camera to the cat5e. 

The good news is using the diagrams above, everything works perfectly (audio and video) and they are 4K Cameras.

Here’s the tip, the wires are so small the best way to get them connected directly or solder them together is to twist them together with the insulation still on them, and put the soldering gun tip on the insulation on both wires at once, and solder them at the same time using this method. The insulation melts, exposes the wires, and solders them solid.  IMHO there is no other way since the wires will break when just trying to strip insulation off of them. 

Thats my give back and thanks to those above for the diagram...it worked flawlessly.  Jim 

• Thanks 1

Hello I need help my connects where ruined they never installed the seal to keep water out of it and so I ordered new pigtails but the ones I took off from the camera is 8 wires and the new pigtails is 9 wires and totally different colors.

20210404_140050.jpg

20210404_150104.jpg

I had similar issues with water getting into the ethernet connection and destroying the connection.

My wires had different colors, so if anyone has a camera like mine (Lorex LNE9292B Indoor/Outdoor 4K Ultra HD Nocturnal Smart IP Motorized Dome Camera), here's my wire color pinout that was able to re-establish a working PoE connection;

1 white-orange
2 orange
3 white-green
4 blue
5 N/A 
6 green
7 N/A
8 brown

LNE9292B wiring.JPG