Hi all,

I'm trying to connect an external microphone (Philips LFH9173/00 mic) to the line-in terminal block of a D Link DCS 6113. I'm having a bit of trouble and there is no sound when I check the camera feed.

First, here is the terminal block diagram.

251000_1.png

The microphone has two cables within its sheath: an insulated red cord (which I assume is the mic input cable) and a bare copper cable (which I assume is the ground.) I proceeded to dip both wires in solder, placed them within the appropriate receptacle (red in 5, bare in 6) and heard no audio from the camera, despite prolonged fiddling with the gain settings in the camera's web interface.

The representative from D Link had sent me the two pictures below of a previous install. Here they are:

A close up:

251000_1.jpg

Zoomed out:

251000_2.jpg

You may largely disregard these pictures because they clearly have wires plugged into wrong terminals (even though I did duplicate their setup in case I was the stupid one.) However, one different between this and my setup is the use of crimped connector pins.

My questions:

1) Did I need to use a powered mic?

2) Are these D-sub standard connector pins?

3) Is there something huge I'm missing, such as a crucial installation step or software configuration?

I appreciate your help.

1. Get an amplified mic and and follow your cameras terminal block on the manual, cos there are different terminal block for most of the 6113 coming from different region.

My own terminal block is labelled :

1: Audio GND

2: Audio OUT

3: Audio GND

4: Audio Input

5: GND

6: Digital inpute

7: Digiatl Output

8: 12V DC

Also a picture below for the type of mic u may need.

2. I don't think it has anything to do with software, i added a mic to the previous cam(7010L) i installed at a sight and the mic picked up when i plugged it.

Best of luck.

download.jpg.daac018b2ac90476832577d2815674d5.jpg

276144818_images(1).jpg.c002c2b618c8f93dc21126ac0946a676.jpg

What are you using to view the stream? Does the program support audio? Do you have the correct codec set up from camera/program? IIRC VLC Player handles RTSP streams with audio pretty well.