x-man

Chinese 1.3MP low lux hi3518 camera problem....

I have chinese 1.3MP low lux camera (ordered from surip - suripcam . com - never buy camera from him-LEO-now I have problem and now no support and warranty, also, I must say that this is IPSCAM camera or only software and also no support from them), all was very good for one year, very good night performance but before few days simple this camera stop to work and after that when I power reset for this camera, camera working fine maybe 20 seconds, I can ping this camera but after that simple stop to work, ping is not possible!

What can be problem? This is camera with hi3518...

I try to change power supply but again same problem, also cables...

Also, look like if not working some time (few days) than it reset setting to defaults (1MP) and than it can work a lot longer but I don`t know how long but if I change something in settings problem again start...

I can`t find TELNET password for this camera and LEO from SURIPCAM don`t want to sent it and I can`t check logs (if some exist), username/pass for GUI don`t working, also root/nothing, root/root, admin/admin, admin/nothing... don`t working...

If somebody know what can be problem please tell me...

For me look like some HW problem like bad capacitor but all of them are SMD or overheating but again for me all look normal or maybe some problem with firmware, maybe after over one year usage for some reason FW used all memory (maybe don`t delete logs) and now I have problems but I don`t have TELNET access to check it...

Also, I must note that this is second camera with same problem and with similar hardware and same software, here you can see how look GUI (image from net):

251075_1.jpg

I have chinese 1.3MP low lux camera (ordered from surip - suripcam . com - never buy camera from him-LEO-now I have problem and now no support and warranty, also, I must say that this is IPSCAM camera or only software and also no support from them), all was very good for one year, very good night performance but before few days simple this camera stop to work and after that when I power reset for this camera, camera working fine maybe 20 seconds, I can ping this camera but after that simple stop to work, ping is not possible!

What can be problem? This is camera with hi3518...

I try to change power supply but again same problem, also cables...

Also, look like if not working some time (few days) than it reset setting to defaults (1MP) and than it can work a lot longer but I don`t know how long but if I change something in settings problem again start...

I can`t find TELNET password for this camera and LEO from SURIPCAM don`t want to sent it and I can`t check logs (if some exist), username/pass for GUI don`t working, also root/nothing, root/root, admin/admin, admin/nothing... don`t working...

If somebody know what can be problem please tell me...

For me look like some HW problem like bad capacitor but all of them are SMD or overheating but again for me all look normal or maybe some problem with firmware, maybe after over one year usage for some reason FW used all memory (maybe don`t delete logs) and now I have problems but I don`t have TELNET access to check it...

Also, I must note that this is second camera with same problem and with similar hardware and same software, here you can see how look GUI (image from net):

251075_1.jpg

Are you using POE for their IPC? If yes, try giving DC direct to see if it helps.

I purchased a 1.3MP camera from Suripcam and found that the firmware did not perform as advertised. The biggest problem was that at best it could store 1 frame every 10 seconds. There were more problems. Suripcam refused to fix the problem nor provide a refund. Also, a second arrived defective. They again refused to fix the problem nor provide a refund. Stay away from Suripcam. It's nothing but a 2 bit operation.

BTW, the telnet password is root/1234qwer, if memory serves me correctly.

Yes, Suripcam (Leo) is very good when you want to buy new camera but when you have problem he simple stop with answers to e-mails!

I`ll never buy again from him and also from ISPCAM (Suripcam re-selling IPSCAM products)...

I guess that you got what you paid for. They are just assembly houses with no capacity for technical services. They just copied the whole solution except box.

If you deal with local distributors in your area, they may work for your side.

You are correct Sunny, but they did not disclose their capabilities in any correspondence. This was a case of buying in good faith and them acting under false pretense. For them not to respond to emails concerning my recent purchase means poor business ethics.

I may recommend the products from Taiwan, or Korea. Points are there they can still be competitive, more responsible for their products.

Honestly local distributors aren't that technical either (good technical people costs alot of money), but they would at least honor their warranty and give you a new/working replacement (which doesn't cost that much compared to hiring a full time, live person).

I do not think it is the problem from Hi3518 Chipset, itself. It could be from the bad components of the board or the soft wares on it. As said, in China, even chipset providers can not tell who sold the products and who designed the board and its soft wares. It would be a good thing for local distributors to understand exactly what their suppliers can do or can not do, before importing the products for their local customers. Of course, not for a guy to buy directly from China or internet. That's why I recommended products from Taiwan or Korea. Though a bit more expensive, these makers are at least trying to track out what caused the problems and trying to prevent not to happen again. That's the way how they can compete and survive in the market.

hi,

gui is from hisilicon 3507 CHIP,,,,,,,

try to google firmware,,,,,,

post gui and page with camera specs (firmware,rev,,,,,,)(from gui)

try to use dlink 8v power supply (is 13V)

try it with all cables short

everything must be dry.

try new utp fiche with coupler

try with onvif manager only,,,,no other devices who needs stream same time

disconnect ir and/or ircut cables inside.,,,,maybe abnormal powerdemand

or buy a new one for 23€ included transport,,,like me