Hello, I'm brand new to the forum and hoping someone can help me. I just got a small IP camera that I can view remotely (smartphone) and from my Mac, but I'm looking to be able to record the footage. Is there any good DVR software out there for the Mac that I can record the footage with?

Thanks in advance.

Bailey

Hello, I'm brand new to the forum and hoping someone can help me. I just got a small IP camera that I can view remotely (smartphone) and from my Mac, but I'm looking to be able to record the footage. Is there any good DVR software out there for the Mac that I can record the footage with?

Thanks in advance.

Bailey

The best software out there for the Mac is SecuritySpy. I've been using it for a while now and nothing else compares. It's rock solid, has a ton of features, and the support is excellent. If you have a problem with the software or are looking for new cameras to be added/new features the developer has been great at responding and implementing features. I tried a few others that I can't even remember now and none of them came close.

Thanks in advance.

Bailey

The best software out there for the Mac is SecuritySpy. I've been using it for a while now and nothing else compares. It's rock solid, has a ton of features, and the support is excellent. If you have a problem with the software or are looking for new cameras to be added/new features the developer has been great at responding and implementing features. I tried a few others that I can't even remember now and none of them came close.

Have you used SightHound video for the mac. It used to be called Vitamin C. I have never used Security Spy, but have a hard time believing its better than SightHound. Ill check it out. Thanks

Thanks in advance.

Bailey

Have you used SightHound video for the mac. It used to be called Vitamin C. I have never used Security Spy, but have a hard time believing its better than SightHound. Ill check it out. Thanks

I've got a four license version of security spy. Seems nice. Sound hound is exponentially cheaper when you start adding cameras. $250 bucks for unlimited vs $1156 for security spy!

Please post a comparison when you check them out.

Thanks