catseyenu

Hikvision 2032-I Events, (GMail) Email Error?

I also downgraded the firmware but it did not help. Has anyone tried yet with a different provider? Does it work? I can't seem to get it to work with iCloud either.

I have failure on test with gmail, yahoo, ISP and 2 private domains.

Note: test failures (in browser to camera & IVMS) doesn't mean in all cases that emails are not sent.

FWIW, it was pointed out to me that setting the NVR to defaults after (before?) a firmware upgrade will keep old settings from interfering with new firmware setup.

This is likely true with the cameras as well.

I am to the point of wiping everything and starting over to ensure I'm not carrying ghosts from past configurations.

All 3 of my 2032's are sending emails with motion attachments just fine, however I'm pointing them at my own domain's SMTP server. Originally I was sending them through a Gmail account, back when I had only one camera. After a couple of days, Gmail locked my account for a period of time.

Apparently there's a move afoot to stop anything that's not human from sending email through a Gmail server probably as an anti-spam measure. Subsequently I happened to talk to a Microsoft dev who works on their email servers and he reluctantly gave up the info that they, too, are trying to stop the exact same sort of traffic on their web mail platforms.

Could this be what you're butting up against?

It could be...

Does it make sense to preemptively auto block an address with no complaints or history of abuse?

To an email admin, possibly yes.

To the innocent customer, no.

Until I have email alerts working consistently I can not work on adjusting the alert levels.

It's a catch 22.

Ok. I just setup a GMX account and here are my test results

Using Port 587 and Checking the SSL box in the HikVision Cam interface produces an error "Fail to Connect the Test Server:

The above setting are per the GMX help page. it says TLS is preferred but if TLS is not avail (e.g. the Hik Vision Cam) then can SSL.

I then tried Port 587 but UnChecked SSL and voila it worked.

I then ventured... with Port 465 and Checking the SSL box. it also worked but it takes 1s longer to send the test message. (note port 465 is mentioned on GMX's website but it is the std port for SSL)

TIP: GMail was sending all GMX emails to the SPAM so had to create a filter to prevent SPAM for all GMX emails.

Looks like gmail is working again. Didn't change anything on the camera side.

Thanks for the heads up. I tested gmail and can confirm that it is also working for me. must have been something on Google's side.

I couldn't get this working with Gmail.

Tried setting up an Amazon SES account without a successful test.

Tried installing a free mailserver App and still couldn't complete a successful mail test from HikVision.

... but this worked:

Created a new email address with gmx.co.uk (or gmx.com).

Performing a HIKVISION Test send resulting in an automated email item from GMX titled "Failed access via e-mail program". This explains how to enable third-party app integration. As follows: In your GMX.co.uk mail settings, you must configure "Send and receive emails via external program (Outlook, Thunderbird).." and complete their Captcha to enable this feature.

My Email settings are:

Sender:myname@gmx.co.uk

Sender's Address:myname@gmx.co.uk

SMTP Server:mail.gmx.com

SMTP Port: 587

(ticked) Enable SSL

(ticked) Attached Image

Interval:5s

(ticked) Authentication

User Name:myname@gmx.co.uk

Password/Confirm:***************

Notes: Port 465 didn't work for me, 587 does.

Not all emails contain an image attachment(s), which I'm currently investigating.

I've used TeamViewer to remotely access my home PC to configure through Internet Explorer via http://192.168.1.115

I hope this helps those struggling with email setup!

Best wishes,

Nick H