Sign in to follow this  
lishper

DS-2CD243F-IW iOS App for Audio

Does anyone know of an application for iOS to access the two-way audio feature on the Hikvision ds-2cd2432f-IW? It'd be nice to be able to use this remotely without having the need to access a webpage from a computer.

Something is clearly odd about setting this up for Hikvision and accessing this outside of your network.

I've forwarded all of the ports correctly in my router, but I still can not access the camera through this app or access the web interface by the dynamic domain address.

HTTP: 8008

RTSP: 8009

Server: 8010

I can access the camera via the internal IP:port without a problem. I can also access the camera using the internal IP:server port in the IVMS app when on my home network.

If I change the internal IP to my DDNS domain, it doesn't work. I can't access the web interface or view the stream in the app.

I have SEVERAL other services actively port forwarding on my router without issue I can access all of them via the DDNS domain:port inside and outside my network, including my surveillance software and other non-Hikvision cameras. I can even change those services to forward to those ports I've assigned to the Hikvision (8008-10) and they update instantly and can access them instantly via my DDNS domain:port.

This all leads me to believe that the odd ball here is the camera settings not getting along with correctly forwarding the ports I've assigned to it.

I've tried the following in the network configuration on the Hikvision:

Enabling/Disabling uPNP

Setting NAT to Auto/Manual

Disabling PPPoE

Disabling DDNS

Anyone have any suggestions? Clearly I'm missing something here because the camera works on the internal network AND I can access loads of other services outside of my network through my router's port forwarding.

EDIT: After getting frustrated I decided to pull the power on the camera. I let it stay off for a few minutes. I went ahead and turned it back on and now everything is working and I have no clue why. I manually rebooted the device multiple times to no avail. Weird. "Have you tried turning it on and off again?"