Sign in to follow this  
Baileyb

How to setup the Hikvision mobile app? (android)

Hi,

I have set up 2 of my IP cameras so far and they are running through a Hikvision nvr (DS-7608NI-SE/P)

I can access them via my laptop (192.x.x.x.x) but have downloaded the IVMS-4500 android app but cannot get my head around how to configure it.

Any advice would be great.

Managed to get it working over the network. Is there a way to get it over 3G? Or do you have to port forward etc?

What is the DDNS (www.hik-online.com) for?

If you want it to work outside your network you will need to set up port forwarding. You only need to port forward the NVR. Assuming you left the ports default you will need to forward ports 8000 and 554. You need to read up on port forwarding as well as dynamic dns.

The DDNS service is so when you're away from your network, you don't need to know the actual public IP address of your network. If you're like most people, the public IP can change so the DDNS keeps track of that and updates it when it changes. So essentially it's an alias that you can use that always points to the real IP.

A note about port 554....if you're on AT&T, be aware that they block 554 on their 3G/4G network. That gave me fits because I could see my cameras at home and even from other people's computers at various places. And my phone worked at home on wifi, but as soon as I left the house and switched to cell data, I couldn't see the cams. Once I discovered the 554 block, I simply changed my equipment to use 555 and everything worked.

Thanks,

Having some issues with a few bits

Setup up No-ip account (and a dyndns) and managed to get all the ports forwarded etc. And works fine in my browser. mydomainname.ddns.net (etc) even works fine in my phone browser although cannot get the video playback working.

But downloaded 4 android apps and cannot get the stream in any of them, the Hikvision IVMS-4500 works fine in my ip address (192.168.0.64) but cannot get it working via no-ip or dyndns. Even though those address' work fine in my browser.

Any adivce would be very helpful.

And when i set up the Hikvision DDNS (hik-online.com) it says

'The device serial No. is not registered, please check the input and the device network settings'

Thanks,

Setup up No-ip account (and a dyndns) and managed to get all the ports forwarded etc. And works fine in my browser. mydomainname.ddns.net (etc) even works fine in my phone browser although cannot get the video playback working.

But downloaded 4 android apps and cannot get the stream in any of them, the Hikvision IVMS-4500 works fine in my ip address (192.168.0.64) but cannot get it working via no-ip or dyndns. Even though those address' work fine in my browser.

'The device serial No. is not registered, please check the input and the device network settings'

did you enter in just the serial, and not the entire model and serial...

Thanks,

did you enter in just the serial, and not the entire model and serial...

hi,

I tried both, but reading online they only wanted the 9 digit number. But all failed.

Would it matter if the box came from Aliexpress? (Came english out of the box, including instructions etc)

If you can connect your NVR for remote view through your laptop or pc but you cannot access live ip camera through Android apps then following configuration will help solve your issue.

Also you can connect through local LAN home ip but outside of house any WiFi or mobile data you cannot connect.

For model like Hikvision

Click

1) Configuration

2) Networking

3) Basic Settings

4) NAT

5) Check-in Enable UPnP

6) Save

problem solved.

Visit Link http://www.homeprix.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80:ivms-4500-connection-failed&catid=29:technical&Itemid=165

connection_filed.thumb.jpg.24df9dcda38019ab42515409c65bfd7d.jpg