Sign in to follow this  
pacasey

Able to see my Cameras from Wifi but not 3G/LTE

My knowledge on routers and networks is pretty spotty so really could use some help on where I need to concentrate my focus:

Have:

Hikvision NVR DS-7716 NI-SP16

All IP Hikvision camera plug into NVR ethernet ports

FIOS M1424WR Rev.1 Router

My basic understanding is I need to have a DDNS and port forwarding set up?

I’m lost on where to start and what devices to set up?

NVR has:

- DDNS tab which now has: DDNS type “HiDDNS"; Server Address “ http://www.hik-online.com” ?

- General Tab with: Preferred DNS Server “192.xxx.x.x” ?

At http://www.hik-online.com there is a web DDNS Management System v.1.0 ?

Also my FIOS router has “Dynamic DNS” and “DNS Server” ?

Then there is the is the iVMS-4500 iPhone App which has set up choice of “IP/Domain” (which I’m using now and working with Wifi) or can be configured with “HiDDNS” or “IP Server” ?

The FIOS router also has port forwarding which is set up

“Networked Comp / Device” has: 192.xxx.x.x5:80, 192.xxx.x.x5:8000, 192.xxx.x.x5:1024, 192.xxx.x.x5:443 (the “192.xxx.x.x5” is the same as the Preferred DNS Server “192.xxx.x.x” on the NVR, except for the addition “5” on the end)

“Applications and Port Forwarded” has: “DVR_NVR PORT MAP TCP Any -> “34338” (each different numbers)

NVR “Port” setting: Server Port 8000, HTTP Port 80, Multicast IP (none), RTSP Port 554

Thanks, Patrick !

Kind of hard to tell what steps you have taken so far here but first off you need to enable and enroll your ddns service in your nvr.

I'm not familiar with that particular nvr but typically it's something like selecting the service ( in this case hikvisions ddns) and then typing in what you want to name it. After applying that, it should register with the ddns service and tell you if it succeeded.

Then whatever ports are being used by the nvr have to be forwarded within your router.

If you are unsure of how to do it in your particular router, you can go to portforward.com. There you can find instructions or I believe they also will do it for you for a fee.

I would suggest changing your nvrs web port from 80 to something like 81 or 85 because many ISPs block port 80.

So you're at McDonalds using their free Wifi and you can see the camera, but turn off the Wifi and use your data plan and it suddenly stops working? It's your phone that's got the problems....

You're joking right?

He means from his local network he can see them