Sign in to follow this  
milkisbad

IC realtime: do you think they are high-end?

I got an installer who told me he uses mostly IC realtime and he said they are high end....but they are just Dahua rebrands, what makes them extra special, especially vs some brands like QSee, which is also dahua stuff?

Is it because they charge more for the same equipment which creates the perception that they are better? Or just marketing at its finest?

Dahua used to not allow their brand name to be used in the U.S. so OEM's popped up all over the place, who can keep track. Now Dahua allows it's name to be used and has U.S. authorized distributors. It's up to you which way you go and not sure any OEM is better than any other as it's the same exact camera but what I find is OEM's never have the latest and greatest from Dahua so I go with Dahua.

If your installer uses IC Realtime he get excellent technical suport from them which in turn gives you excellent after sales support. Yes they are hiindeed high end and yes you pay a little more but you have an excellent organization behind the supplier and that adds value.

Obviously the installer is particular about his supplier which in itself recommends him to you in my book.

I'm with an OEM too but our reputation isn't anywhere near theirs lol I was just surprised one of our clients think IC Realtime was high end. In addition he has never heard of Dahua....