Mhleki

CCTV viewing Using a Smart Cell phone

How can I view my cctv pictures using the Smart Phone when I am not at home looking at my cell Phone

First off you will need to do done port forwarding on your router.

I'm not sure what dvr you have but it has some ports associated with it.

You will need to find out those ports and forward them with in your router to the DVRs IP address.

If you visit portforward.com and look up your router, there will be instructions there. I believe they also have a paid service where they can remotely set you up.

Some brands such as Lorex have software that will do this for you but I have found it to not always work.

One port will likely be web port 80. You should change this in the dvr to be 81 and forward that. This is because many ISPs block port 80.

You should also set your dvr up for ddns or alternatively you can set the ddns for your actual router depending on model and options.

Once your ports and ddns are set, you will need to get the proper app on your phone and then set it up to be pointed at the proper ddns and ports.

How can I view my cctv pictures using the Smart Phone when I am not at home looking at my cell Phone

One easy way if the device allows you to pull images using HTTP or HTTPS methods using a URL is to use methods like this. This working example accesses 14 cameras, at the same time and also allows you to access each of them individually, from any Internet browser capable device:

http://107.170.59.150/foscam/FoscamUS.htm

Note: The above works with any imaging devices that can provide images using a URL and HTTP or HTTPS access methods. Not just Foscam IP Camera models.

Most Smart Phone plans have monthly limits on how many bytes per month can be used before additional charges are added. So methods like this can be helpful as just another tool in your toolbox of tools. To use as and when needed.

This allows you to control FPS ("Frames Per Second") rates dynamically to those devices in real-time without actually changing or impacting the cameras actual FPS rates themselves and to be able to set the default image sizes displayed for those cameras on a device without actually changing their image sizes while also supporting zoom to increase those image sizes dynamically and in real-time. To reduce bandwidth usage by specific devices an make the cameras images more easily viewable on those devices and is compatible with any Internet browser capable devices without the need to download or install and/or pay for additional 3rd party software on those devices. To be able to access those same cameras, from those same devices. Using free methods instead.

You can try the above working example from any Internet browser capable device.

No solution is perfect for all cases and you may decide to use many different approaches for each device and situation. IMHO it's always best to have more than one working solution per device. Especially more so when you don't have access to your normal devices and need to access your cameras from other devices available at the moment or some 3rd party app suddenly has issues at the moment. It's always good and prudent, to have backup plans or secondary access solutions.

Don