Sign in to follow this  
RustyJL

So what's the story with the Acti B47?

Just saw that these camera's are out. They look to be a bit better spec than the KCM 5611 albeit with only 12x zoom.

How do the two compare?

Buellwinkle - Any plans on doing a review of this model?

I don't think it would be comparable as it does not have the superior low light sensitivity of the KCM-5611. But it does have 30fps 1080P where the KCM-5611 is only 15fps.

What I'm really waiting for is their low light 6MP cameras, like the B413 or E421. They claim this sensor will outperform the KCM-5611 sensor (and 3x the resolution) and do 6MP at 30fps. I believe their first camera to have this chip is the hemispheric B74 due out end of the November.

It's their new baby and sometimes it takes 9 months. They also have some 12MP cameras coming by then. My guess is the launch is tied into the ISC West show.

I own 7 of the Acti B45 cameras, and have just installed the first one. I am now moving to these to replace the KCM-5611 cameras, the night shot is as good and it seems to be more waterproof and robust in general.

I have about 40 of the KCM-5611 cameras and they have been okay, but the new B45 is working just as well if not better for me anyway. My first day after coming in and reviewing night footage I actually called someone else in to look at it because I was that impressed with the improvement from the camera that was in the same location before. I replaced because of a lightning strike, now I'm glad I had to. The camera that was there was the ACTi KCM-5211, and that camera was not good at night at all in comparison.