Raikkok

Problems Hikvision PCNVR setup

Hello everyone.

I just finish to connect both pcs, pc from my home and pc from my second house. through openvpn and tightvnc. That setup is delicious

The problem comes when i try two things:

- Sending an email failed.. i think i configure well but it doesn´t go...

- And the second one, is in the hikvision ivms 4200 pcnvr i don´t see the image of the camera but in the browser (internet explorer or chrome) i see it without problems.

the error that shows in hikvision is: "camera01 failed to get stream, start reconnection, error code 24, the channel is unvailable"

Thanks in advanced

Email doesn't seem to work from PCNVR with some email providers (e.g. gmail). Anyway, it is actually better to send emails from the cameras directly because they have the benefit of being able to send emails which capture images every x seconds. So you end up with 3 images in the your email for each event, and you can clearly see what has happened during the whole event. When you get just one image from PCNVR you cannot be sure exactly what triggered the recording.

I can't help with the other error. Sorry.

Now goes all.

I enter in the same range the ip camera and assign a password, and i can view the image in the hikvision software

Thanks so much

pd. the only thing is missing about the siren and the web relay

Did you install the Hikvision PCNVR or the iVMS 4200 storage server?

I am curious because I see both SW version available but I think the iVMS 4200 V2 is the latest. And wondering which one I should install for my local PC to act as a NVR.

Argh - so confused. I am being trying to set-up the iVMS 4200 for this functionality. See below text for a copy from their user manual.

Am I reading this wrong? What is the difference between Hikvision PCNVR and this iVMS storage server functionality???

Sorry for newbie questions.

Purpose:

The storage server performs as a NVR installed on the PC. The record files can be stored in the storage

server and you can search the files for remote playback.

Before you start:、

The storage server application software needs to be installed and it is packed in the iVMS-4200

software package. When installing the iVMS-4200, check the checkbox Storage Server to enable the

installation of storage server.

Now goes all.

I enter in the same range the ip camera and assign a password, and i can view the image in the hikvision software

Thanks so much

pd. the only thing is missing about the siren and the web relay