CBX

Hikvision Raptor 2 5.2.0 (2012,2032,2132,2432,7232 etc)

One for the CBX fans!

Can't thank you enough, feel like we just won the game.

" title="Applause" />

Edit: FYI, FTP included, this works for US/EU cams as well.

Wonders if the line traversal works better or not than the one in 5.1.6. Mine still trips when the security lights turn on. Not much for line traversal.

Light crosses the line in the direction of your choice, pixels change and detection is triggered.

You expected something different?

I have 5.2 just received cam, having NAS uninitialized problem. Can someone point me to a thread to fix this? Thanks,

Josh

So this is my version, i've telneted in to attempt to download the divinci file, is that the one we need to edit the hex code for the NAS fix?

Is this fix required if you get a hikivision NVR?

Thanks for the quick reply Itune

screenshot-josh.png.b89de8218466531191e78789f806f214.png

This is described in this forum and other times not. Use the search engine and I think you will find

Maybe I'm just a retard but search doesn't show up much with keywords like hikivision nas 5.2 uninitialized.

I'm not really sure wether the cbx fix is for people with chinese region cameras or if it's supposed to fix the nas issue. And downloading the file with no ftp access on the 5.2 firmware is that possible. Anyhow any nudge in the right direction would be awesome! Josh

This is described in this forum and other times not. Use the search engine and I think you will find

Maybe I'm just a retard but search doesn't show up much with keywords like hikivision nas 5.2 uninitialized.

I'm not really sure wether the cbx fix is for people with chinese region cameras or if it's supposed to fix the nas issue. And downloading the file with no ftp access on the 5.2 firmware is that possible. Anyhow any nudge in the right direction would be awesome! Josh

Hi there

No it's permanent device region change I provide - NAS patches for various firmware versions are a completely different issue which I don't provide (the support I'd have to give would be a total nightmare ).

Though in my experience if the NAS share is on it's own hard disk partition on the server (and there's nothing else on the partition) then everything is fine.

Have you tested to see what happens if you have a cameras with your region code fix and then install the new V5.2.5 over it? I heard it can brick the camera, so nervous about the one camera you did your region code fix for, is it safe?

Hi there

As I've already previously indicated, my region change solution is fully compatible with 5.2.5.

Any issue feel free to PM or email me.

Edit:

I've never bricked anyone's camera nor heard of a problem after an upgrade. I'm not sure if you were implying that that was the case but I can confirm that has not happened.

Have you tested to see what happens if you have a cameras with your region code fix and then install the new V5.2.5 over it? I heard it can brick the camera, so nervous about the one camera you did your region code fix for, is it safe?

Iissue price is small, so that you can try something yourself!

But even if something goes wrong, it is always possible to restore the IPC through the re-flash TTL or through the complete image prepared in advance.

I've tried and tried to downgrade my 2332 from 5.2.0 to 5.1 via tftp. I NEVER see it connect in. I have an International/US camera (Came in white box, not brown).

Here's what I've tried:

1) Direct connect to PC host (IP 192.0.0.128) and IPC powered by external adapter (not VM's, physical PC)

2) Direct connect between PC and IPC w/ Crossover cable.

3) Connected PC and IPC to 5 port Switch.

TFTP server is Tftpd64 and digicap.dav is in the root dir.

I tried pinging and telnetting in to get to the "failsafe" firmware, but no luck. Is there a way to ssh in and get it to boot into failsafe mode? Will it only boot info failsafe mode if a firmware upgrade "failed"? Can I force it to look for new firmware if it's successfully running 5.2.0? I want some of the features of older firmware, thus the downgrade.

Is there any way to "trick" it into thinking that the older firmware is actually newer? If I copy the file to the device somehow, can I manually initiate an upgrade? Seems like upgrade binary is only available in failsafe mode

TIA

Brian

I believe Hikvision started preventing back leveling firmware with 5.2.0. Try it with 5.2.0 from the USA or Euro site and see if TFTP works for you that way. If so, then the issue is that going from 5.2 to 5.1 is not allowed.

You can also connect to the camera's UART port which would be the console, then you would have access to the bootloader. There's details on that if you search this forum.

I don't even see it reaching out with Wireshark; it would at least try to grab the file (which I'd see in the TFTP logs) and then determine it can't "downgrade" to that version. If it doesn't even try to get the file, how can it determine if it's an upgrade or downgrade?

I can TFTP from another device on the network (i.e. if I setup my mac to be on there I can pull down the file, so I know it's not a firewall issue.

What is this about port 21? TFTP is 69.

PC IP = 192.0.0.128 & firewall is down & 21 port on PC is free

IPC IP = 192.0.0.64

Then power is on, IPC try to access 21 port to IP 192.0.0.128 several second, if not then load firmware.

If you have no problem with it, your TFTP recover will success.

If you have hardware problem then open your IPC and check it!!!

Finally got it to work. Pulled an older laptop out of the closet (with Win 7 x32), hooked it to a mini-switch, setup TFTP Auto-Update from Hikvision, set the IP to 192.0.0.128, disabled firewall and AV. Powered camera from external power supply, it did the check on port 69, then the downgrade to 5.1 took place. I then upgraded to 5.1.6 from the web gui. Thanks guys.

Brian