riniboo

Lorex - IP HD Camera disconnects randomly for no reason

This is the Hikvision (Lorex) NVR from Costco. I contacted them just recently about their "return at any time, satisfaction guarantee" because I was recently having additional problems with this set. The IR cut filter on a couple cameras were flashing any time there was a motion event (causing the cameras to flash to black or white, depending on the time of day, and obliterate the picture) there was also a pink view on one camera all day. They put me through to Lorex and they told me I have to have every camera on the same bitrate and settings, etc or it would be a problem. It wasn't a problem in the past, so they said as the unit got older it couldn't keep up with the strain of the cameras all being set up different. It shouldn't be that way. They would not honor the return guarantee anyway.

I did change the cameras all to the same settings and the flashing with motion went away, but I still have issues every time there is a motion event the camera gets all pixellated. That makes it pretty worthless. Reviewing footage of our recent earthquake, when the shaking was at its peak the cameras got all blurry and it wasn't because they were moving. The picture pixellated. Previous footage of other earthquakes swinging stuff around in the house didn't cause that. It has only been since I have had to drop the bit rates on the cameras so low to keep the NVR running. I think the unit is just slowly failing and they don't want to take it back. And of course it is a few months out of warranty.

So how can one tell if they have the bitcoin miner? I changed my default passwords the day I got the machine. I do occasionally get "illegal login" emails, but that indicates a password fail and looking at logs I never see any log-ins or activity other than my own.

@spotmom: Yes, the pattern is totally correct, every 22 days and I will start receiving TONS of notification saying the camera disconnected. Now, I don't touch it and see how long can it last until it TOTALLY FROZEN (RJ45 unplug or cold reboot needed - according to my initial experience, it should be around 6-7 months)... will let you know.

Ive had the camera offline issue before, progressively got worse until the power supply failed. replaced the power supply and have only had one camera go offline since in over a year, the 52v rail failed.

It appears to be a individual camera crashing issue due to power quality issues to the cameras. A cold start on the dvr is required or unplug the RJ45 cable is require to reboot the camera.

So how can one tell if they have the bitcoin miner? I changed my default passwords the day I got the machine. I do occasionally get "illegal login" emails, but that indicates a password fail and looking at logs I never see any log-ins or activity other than my own.

I get thousands of login attempts a week, alarm on the dvr goes off. I log packets to my dvr on my router and then block the ip address. Some times the dvr says the ip is in the private range, the logged packets say otherwise. i believe these attempts are attempting some kind of exploit to get in.

I wish it would be possible to block admin log in remotely, only at console. But i've changed my admin password to a hardened long password..

I have the same problem with the camera disconnection at will.

I have two cameras on the system at this time

one connected through the normal antenna input device to the recorder

the other connected through the long range antenna

the only one with the problem is the one connected through the normal WL2275 connector.

this leads me to believe the problem is in the WL2275 antenna unit itself.