pacasey

Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW setting PIR sensor on NVR

Have a Hikvision NVR DS-7716NI-SP POE NVR and have all the cameras hook up directly to the NVR.

One camera DS-2CD2432F-IW, has a PIR sensor for detecting motion.

The NVR seems to only have settings to set the camera with motion alerts, based on changes of the pixels in the field of view.

Am I missing something on the NVR to change this setting to use the PIR sensor?

Have mac with iVMS-4200 software also, is there a setting on this software that can be used?

(NVR bought in US, cams through China - and not sure how to access cams directly if that is what is needed?)

Thanks

Try to schedule recording on the NVR with "motion | alarm" (that would be, "motion or alarm").

That means that the NVR will record that channel when there is "motion" (video motion detection) or "alarm" (there is an alarm trigger on the device, which can be the integrated PIR, or the alarm input).

I have the same problem with my recently purchased camera Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-iW, purchased especially for the PIR sensor, but I could not make it to record to a QNAP NVR.

Camera has the latest firmware V5.4.5 build 170123.

I tried for "Record Schedule" all possibilities: Motion, Alarm, Motion | Alarm, Motion & Alarm, Event.

On the "Basic Event" -> "PIR Alarm" -> Linkage Method, I tried all the check boxes but all I've seen to be functioning is the "Audible Warning" and to trigger an Alarm Output on A>1.

Using "ONVIF Device Manager", I can see in the Events when the PIR detects motion that it only triggers an event "RelayToken:AlarmOut_1" goes Active. That makes me think that all the PIR can do is to Trigger the Out Relay and the audible siren, but nothing more (in fact it is true that I haven't tried email or FTP/NAS) but I don't see in "ONVIF Device Manager" that it would try to do any more.