Spark

DS-76xxNI-SE(P) Firmware 2.3.9

I saw that a final? version of 2.3.9 was available on the US FTP site today (DS-76xxNI-SE(P) USA Firmware_v2.3.9_140806.zip) replacing the 140704_Beta.

I upgraded from 2.3.8 140513.

I am now only able to see the video from three out of six cameras.

All cameras are v5.1.0 build 131202.

The NVR seems to know that the cameras are there, but the picture, if you can call it that, is all grey. If you try to look at a camera that is not connected you get a "Live view failed error", which I don't get for the ones that are not working.

All camera live views are available via their respective web interfaces. The "Virtual Host" feature is was has been missing form these NVRs and works via the link in Camera Management.

It is normally the same three camera pictures that are visible which led me to believe the problem had something to do with the camera build date, but after one reboot one that wasn't working was visible and one that was working was now not.

I have reset the NVR to defaults with no change.

I will keep testing, maybe try the beta.

Did you read the release notes?

It looks like they are forcing 5.2 camera firmware for most.

Compatible IP Camera Information:

IP Camera Model IP Camera Firmware

Raptor DS-2CD2xxx Series V5.2.0_140721

Raptor DS-2CD4xxx Series V5.2.0_140721

DS-2CD63xx Fisheye Camera V5.0.9_140612

DS-2CD7xx/72xx/8xx/82xx Series V5.1.0_131202

Got to admit, I did gloss over that bit.

Have only been able to get three working at any one time - by disconnecting cameras I can change the three, but still a bit random.

I did try dropping the data rates from the cameras, but no change.

Might have to look at camera firmware, but not sure that it explains it.

Interested in further feedback.

I think that Ill hold back a little as the 2.39 beta seems to work fine with all of my six cameras (5.16 firmware) and I don't feel like changing over to the 5.20 just to test out this firmware for the NVR. I have just downgraded three of the cams back to 5.16.

Hope that you get your other three cams working without the need to "upgrade" them. Hopefully if others are feeling brave they will post back their results.

I did quickly load the beta on - still only a max of three cameras at any one time.

So it looks like if you have more cameras working with the beta, the final? version may be OK.

I have gone back to 2.3.8 and have all cams working as before - maybe camera firmware does need to be looked at.

When I initially tried the 2.39 beta I had three of my cams updated to the 5.20 firmware and three were still in the post. So it worked fine. Since then I have connected the newly arrived cams (all 5.16) and downgraded the 5.20 cams and all remains well.

So I have all six cams working fine with the 2.39 beta and 5.16 firmware on my cams.

Not a straight forward install, as such, but great that you have got your cams working and some consideration might need to be given to the camera firmware, as you note.

Any reason you have remained with that firmware for your cams...?

There is a new build (140820) for version 2.3.9 available now.

Any reason you have remained with that firmware for your cams...?

5.1.0 works.

Some of the new motion detection features added in 5.2.0 might be useful, but the cost or complexity of upgrading / backing out if required meant I have not tried yet.

It seems that this bit is new....

Added Smart Search in playback full screen. Also Support remote client software

iVMS-4200 smart search.

and

In NVR “File Management” local menu, optimized “Quick Export” function to be able to

export video by specific time section.

I put the US Firmware on my 7608-NI-SE (I bought it from China) and when I try to login to the webpage I get "Network abnormal".

Any ideas?

I put the US Firmware on my 7608-NI-SE (I bought it from China) and when I try to login to the webpage I get "Network abnormal".

Any ideas?

Use firefox

hi can you send me any worked firmware on the cameras and nvr ds-7616ni-se/p with 2.3.9 or above because i'm seeing just two of my cameras and for that problem i use 2.3.8 on nvr without forwarding. my email is emiliyan.enchev@abv.bg thank you