PeteCress

Hiding A Cam In Plain Sight?

Looking at http://ExtremeSurfCam.DynDNS.org, "Beach - East", note the awning. Beneath that awning are gear lockers that occasionally get their locks snipped off and stolen from.

The owner put in motion-triggered floods on the same pole that the cam is on but, of course, if the awning is left deployed at night, there is no view of the gear lockers beneath it.

I'm thinking the path of least resistance is another motion-triggered flood mounted just under where the awning attaches to the building plus a "Stealth" cam down at that level..... or maybe one below the wooden deck looking up.

Problem is that the local wildlife, sometimes equipped with bolt cutters, cruises that area and will steal anything not nailed down - and a few things that are...

Does anybody have a technique for deploying an el-cheapo cam so that it does not look like a camera?

Of course, there are many ways of doing it with pinhole cameras and the like.

How about this one from seco larm?

http://www.jmacsupply.com/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=seco%2Dlarm%2Dev%2D5105%2Dn1sq&404;http://www.jmacsupply.com:80/Seco_Larm_EV_5105_N1SQ_p/SECO-LARM-EV-5105-N1SQ.htm?gclid=CLHlkp_FjsACFWELMgodNz4AzA

It has a 1.5mm lens and also comes with a mullion mount plate or you can remove it altogether from the plate.

Not sure what qualifies as cheapo but these are about $100 wholesale.

Because you mention flood lights, I just wanna mention that I find led floods to be ideal for use with cameras because to me, the light coverage seems to make for a clear picture without the deep shadows of traditional flood lights

Bit off topic but I love the world of cctv. currently watching some guy on your cams drink his coffee and smoke a cig near the bit where your looking to put an extra cam. this guy probably has no idea that someone is watching him from the other side of the world.

disguising a camera is always an option if you disable the IR LED on them. I've disguised them as part of hanging baskets before...

Just find common objects to put the camera in, like put a mini bullet in plastic drain pipe, paint the inside black, the camera black, nobody would notice, especially if you can turn the IR off.

Another option is the Secolarm UFO cameras. Theyre 3.7mm lens.

They're white but you can paint them black if needed.

They're $55 wholesale

I heard of a guy that hid a lipstick style bullet camera in one of those bees nests that people can put in their garden

which surprised me but these do exist and looking at it I can see it working reasonably well

253580_1.jpg

I heard of a guy that hid a lipstick style bullet camera in one of those bees nests that people can put in their garden

which surprised me but these do exist and looking at it I can see it working?

I like it! Right up there with the cam some guy put in the navel of the subject in a Rigid Tools calendar.

Boy, there seems to be a lot of love for bird house cams on this forum.

I think he's referring to a different type of bird house than you are thinking of....?

If you've got the time and the ingenuity then why not. I'd still put up signs to advise people they need to behave properly but there's no requirement that they actually see the camera. If they realize it's a bees nest I can't tell but if they do they are unlikely to mess with it don't you think?

It's a question of finding a host and then a camera to conceal within it.