alanb3

Cannot register NVR on goolink.org

Has anyone recently managed to successfully register an NVR on www.goolink.ork? I am trying to do this with my new XVision NVR but every time I enter the details and hit the "Add" button it comes back with the error "Notice : Wrong ID, another one please!". See attached file...

After pulling my hair out for several days I thought I'd test the site by requesting a forgotten password for my account - let's face it it doesn't look the most professional website I've ever seen, in fact, it looks like some loner techy geek has set it up in his mum's spare bedroom. Anyway, I followed the usual method, entered my username and email address and pressed "Sure" on the "Retrieve password" page. The reply came "Mail sent successfully, please check!". Well, I've been checking for the last 2 days and no password has been forthcoming. Which, I think, proves my worst fears.

Is this an authentic site? Has anyone ever registered an NVR successfully? Your experiences would be most appreciated. Better still, if you could tell me where I'm going wrong I would be forever in your debt.

goolink.thumb.png.4b793b46b8cb7157a3b69bb0372b5dd0.png

Hi. Domain goes all over the place but barefoot ... Seams to be the holders.

I would delete anything to do with that view software.

Is there a reason why you don't use xvision viewer

Thanks for your reply.

The manufacturers instructions explain this is how to view the NVR from an Android device remotely using their icloud P2P platform which is activated by registering with goolink.org

Yes, that's the App, but to get it to work remotely i.e. when the mobile isn't connected to the LAN via Wi-Fi, you have to register your NVR on the goolink.org website first - this is the bit that doesn't work.

No, the Goolink App asks for the Device ID of the NVR not the IP address of where to find it. It's the P2P version of the App.

Before you can use the App remotely you have to first register your NVR at http://www.goolink.org. There you will see that to register the NVR you also have to enter the device ID not the IP. That's what I'm having the problems with not the App.

you have to make sure you have port forwarding set correctly on your router. you can often times put the device in whats called in some routers a DMZ which will allow everything to connect to it. i am sure you also have to set the nvr to connect to the site in its firmware if it hasnt already been done.

btw if you go here

http://hdcctv.co.uk/products/hd-ip-professional-9-16-camera-network-video-recorder-xrn1609

they have a video on how to set up with goolink

Thanks for your reply pen but it works on a p2p basis so manual port forwarding isn't necessary. The same applies to using a DMZ.

I have a solution now, the issue was due to the NVR having an ID that had already been registered on another account due to some administrative errors by the manufacturers.

Thanks to everyone one who offered advice.

Hello alanb3

I've got exactly the same problem. Is it that you managed to change your device ID somehow?

Thanks

Busho, you have my sympathy! The only way I got it to work was by asking the brilliant company I got it from to send me a replacement NVR that they knew was already working on Goolink.

For others who are having this problem, I have a solution which worked for me and will hopefully work for you.

I was having the exact same issue when trying to register with goolink.org - when I added the NVR's serial number into the goolink.org website from a PC via a browser (I tried chrome, firefox and IE) it gave the error "Notice:Wrong ID, another one please!". The strange thing was the apple & android apps of goolink worked just fine and I was able to view the cameras on my mobile devices. What did not work was the browser version which would allow me to look at the cameras remotely from my PC.

After reading this thread, I tried returning the NVR to hopefully get one that would work with the PC version of goolink.org. The 2nd one had the same goolink problem.

I was about to give up and just except that the PC version was not going to work, but I decided to try the seller's China support contact. I was very impressed with their support - not only very quick response, but a solution. They sent me an update file for the firmware (I was already running firmware version V4.0[20150124] and hardware version V4.0 for the Super Mini NVR N6200-8E) which was called "goolink_P2P_2015-06-10.update". It was a small fine (only 168KB) which I ran from the NVR's menu "System->Update->Upgrade File" function. I rebooted the NVR, went to goolink.org via a browser on my PC, goolink.org now works. The same NVR which was giving me the error "Notice: Wrong ID, another one please!" now correctly registered and works great! Hope this saves someone some headaches.

g14n7 - Yes I have the file, but as I stated above - it is a partial firmware upgrade for my specific configuration: Super Mini NVR N6200-8E with firmware version V4.0[20150124] and hardware version V4.0.

I had contacted the seller with my goolink.org website problem and after I sent them my system details along with a picture of the bottom of the mini NVR (I am guessing to verify the model on the bar code sticker), they sent me the update file. I do not know if it will work with any other firmware/hardware version or necessarily even for the same setup. I would recommend first contacting your seller first to see if they can help you out.

Now after my disclaimer/warning: If you have the correct firmware/hardware installed already and you want to try the file they sent me - I have attached it to this post. Feel free to try it and let me know if it worked for you.

goolink_P2P_2015-06-10.zip

tbur67,

your solution worked.

I have an Escam K108, and could not add the device to goolink.

But with your update file the problem is fixed.

Thanks for sharing the info!!

g14n7 - Yes I have the file, but as I stated above - it is a partial firmware upgrade for my specific configuration: Super Mini NVR N6200-8E with firmware version V4.0[20150124] and hardware version V4.0.

I had contacted the seller with my goolink.org website problem and after I sent them my system details along with a picture of the bottom of the mini NVR (I am guessing to verify the model on the bar code sticker), they sent me the update file. I do not know if it will work with any other firmware/hardware version or necessarily even for the same setup. I would recommend first contacting your seller first to see if they can help you out.

Now after my disclaimer/warning: If you have the correct firmware/hardware installed already and you want to try the file they sent me - I have attached it to this post. Feel free to try it and let me know if it worked for you.

Thanks tbur67

you are a life saver I just have struggled week with this problem...

For others who are having this problem, I have a solution which worked for me and will hopefully work for you.

I was having the exact same issue when trying to register with goolink.org - when I added the NVR's serial number into the goolink.org website from a PC via a browser (I tried chrome, firefox and IE) it gave the error "Notice:Wrong ID, another one please!". The strange thing was the apple & android apps of goolink worked just fine and I was able to view the cameras on my mobile devices. What did not work was the browser version which would allow me to look at the cameras remotely from my PC.

After reading this thread, I tried returning the NVR to hopefully get one that would work with the PC version of goolink.org. The 2nd one had the same goolink problem.

I was about to give up and just except that the PC version was not going to work, but I decided to try the seller's China support contact. I was very impressed with their support - not only very quick response, but a solution. They sent me an update file for the firmware (I was already running firmware version V4.0[20150124] and hardware version V4.0 for the Super Mini NVR N6200-8E) which was called "goolink_P2P_2015-06-10.update". It was a small fine (only 168KB) which I ran from the NVR's menu "System->Update->Upgrade File" function. I rebooted the NVR, went to goolink.org via a browser on my PC, goolink.org now works. The same NVR which was giving me the error "Notice: Wrong ID, another one please!" now correctly registered and works great! Hope this saves someone some headaches.

Could you post the email address to the china contact centre that you spoke to? I have the same issue

Notice:Wrong ID, another one please!