Gixxerrr

Hikvision camera and NVR question

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a NVR and some camera's and came across Hikvision.

The DS-2CD2032-I camera seems to be a popular model and I was looking to combine this with a DS-7600 series NVR (DS-7604/7608/7616NI-SE/P). Think this is on the lower end of what Hikvision offers but should be enough for a few camera's at home.

The camera specs tells me that it can record up to 2048 × 1536 and the NVR specs tell me it can record up to 5MP. Life is good, put it in the basket and ship it to my house. Until I read the user manual of the NVR (http://oversea-download.hikvision.com/uploadfile/Leaflet/UM/User%20Manual%20of%20DS-7600NI%20Series%20NVR_V2.3.4_20130716.pdf) and on page 188 it specifically says that this NVR can record video from the DS-2CD2032-I camera up to a resolution of 1280x960.

Now I don't know what NVR to buy anymore. Can anyone confirm this is the maximum resolution it can record? And what other options do I have, are there Hikvision NVR's that can record form this camera in a higher resolution?

Thanks

Note the firmware version referenced is V2.3.4_20130716.

The NVR should come with at least 2.37 if not higher at this time and is currently at 2.39.

Check the release notes for your firmware of choice for current settings.