Sign in to follow this  
agcsr25

Connecting PIR to Axis camera

I could use a little help with connecting a Redwall PIR to axis p3367ve camera. I see the camera has a four pin I/O port with pin (1) being ground, (2) 3.3 V DC, (3) digital input, and (4) digital output. First question is what is the connector called that fits the I/O port in the camera and where do you get it? Second, do you connect the PIR sensor just to the ground (1) and digital input (3)? Third, do you have to add any resistors or LED's across? Finally, what else am I missing? I realize I will have to get 12 v dc to the PIR sensor. Thanks to everyone here, y'all have been so helpful on addressing other issues for me.

Regards,

Andy

The connector comes with the camera.

It's in a bag in the box that the patch cord is in.

I may be able to scrounge one up if you can't find it.

You would connect the NO of the PIR to pin 3 and the Common to pin 1. In the DI/DO configuration page you would set DI 1 to open as inactive.

I will have to get a P series camera web gui open in front of me to verify the settings.

Before connecting your PIR to the camera verify with a continuity tester you have an open circuit with no motion and a closed circuit with motion.

The connector comes with the camera.

It's in a bag in the box that the patch cord is in.

I may be able to scrounge one up if you can't find it.

You would connect the NO of the PIR to pin 3 and the Common to pin 1. In the DI/DO configuration page you would set DI 1 to open as inactive.

I will have to get a P series camera web gui open in front of me to verify the settings.

Before connecting your PIR to the camera verify with a continuity tester you have an open circuit with no motion and a closed circuit with motion.

Once again Mr. Smith has solved my problem. Thanks your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Just thought of one more question....ok two. Is it possible to put more than one PIR sensor to one camera and does that trip an event if one of the PIR's goes off or do both have to go off to record? Also, can you have one PIR connected to two cameras so if the PIR is tripped both cameras start recording?

Also, can you have one PIR connected to two cameras so if the PIR is tripped both cameras start recording?

Yes, or you can only connect it to one camera and cover the other camera in the VMS alarm rules.

"If camera A receives an alarm camera A and camera B record for xx seconds"

Also, can you have one PIR connected to two cameras so if the PIR is tripped both cameras start recording?

Yes, or you can only connect it to one camera and cover the other camera in the VMS alarm rules.

"If camera A receives an alarm camera A and camera B record for xx seconds"

Thanks again. Found the connector in the bag where you said it would be.

Just curious, what made you chose that PIR sensor say vs. the less expensive Optex LX-402? Let us know how it works out as I'm sure most of us are interested in improving motion detection accuracy.

Just curious, what made you chose that PIR sensor say vs. the less expensive Optex LX-402? Let us know how it works out as I'm sure most of us are interested in improving motion detection accuracy.

My thoughts on using the redwall sip series are twofold. First, I needed a long range detector. Second, the lx series has one element and the sip series has 3 elements with two being near field where you can use "and" logic hopefully reducing false alarms. We will see how it pans out. I hope I'm not disappointed.