Hi All

I bought Blueiris as a basis to a new IP system to replace my failing Avermedia NVR5000 system.

I have some wired POE IP cameras (5MP they claim..) coming.

Obviously my WNDR3800 router has only four ports so am I right in figuring that

I will need one of these to connect multiple cameras using cat5e

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-Gigabit-Switch-Power-Ethernet/dp/B003GOFICC/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1409231012&sr=1-1&keywords=16-Port+Gigabit+switch+POE

Also, Is it possible to stream analogue cameras onto Blueiris from my Aver setup?

Charlie, Ireland.

I have an Aver NV6480 box (same basic software as NV5000) as well as a Blue Iris box, and have never been able to get BI to talk to it.

Aside from capture cards, you can look at 4 channel encoders, like Grandstream or Axis.

You might want to go to the BI community support forum at cam-it.org and search on terms like encoder, capture, and grandstream. Once you're read what's there, post any questions, as there are some people there using both encoders and capture cards.

Thanks lads for your replies.

So this would be better if I eventually had eight POE cameras?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-Gigabit-Smart-Switch-Fiber/dp/B003GOFIBS/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1409251442&sr=1-1&keywords=8-Port+Gigabit+switch+POE

Do the cameras all plug into the switch and the switch is plugged into one router port?

I can easily enough run a cat5 cable to each camera.

Getting the Avermedia streaming onto Blueiris would not be a huge concern as I intend

Blueiris to take over with all IP cameras in the future.

I have two fairly new analogue cams connected to the Aver card but suppose so I could fleabay the lot.

Thanks PC. The cameras are 7 watts each so should work.

Is that one a good choice or should I look at others?

Hi all I could not find where to start a new stream for posting so trying here

I am a Television broadcast producer/ cameraman In southern africa

A client wants 15 cameras each placed in 15 separate booths with sound ( with an Amplified mic) to record interviews. With no camera operators in the way

So I thought 15 x IP cameras would do the job in this application and it’s not for live casting.

It would record separate files to a PC. I then need to export each clip to avi so it can play on a windows media player this system will be set up in one location and a close network .

I am looking at using the Dahua 3 Mp HF-w5300cp

Recording and controlling on Blue iris software as it has clear red boarder indication that the camera is recording as recordings on each camera will be manually trigger

Does anybody have any alternative system set up or Camera controlling software

Ideally I would like some control on audio levels blue iris only has a gain control