xavier4or

Has anyone got Hikvision iVMS 4200 v2 working as a PCNVR?

Hikvision iVMS v2 seems like a better interface but I am given up trying to get the PCNVR feature working in it.

Instead I have gone to iVMS PCNVR v1.3 and got that working today...

If anyone got Hikvision iVMS 4200 v2 working as a PCNVR - would love to see how you set it up. Thanks!

Hikvision iVMS v2 seems like a better interface but I am given up trying to get the PCNVR feature working in it.

If anyone got Hikvision iVMS 4200 v2 working as a PCNVR - would love to see how you set it up. Thanks!

I have iVMS 4200 v3 working. I set it up about 2 months ago and I may not remember everything. But my setup is as follows:

I use 2 computers, one for recording and one for viewing. This is not necessary - I only do that because the recording pc is located remotely and the viewing pc is connected via wireless.

On the recording PC I installed the storage server software of the iVMS 4200. On the viewing pc I installed the client software of the iVMS-4200. For configuration, on the client PC, I added the cameras, added the remote storage server, and setup a recoding schedule.

On the recording PC the storage application (NvrStorageServer) is run (it does not have any user interface - it is controlled via the client). On the viewing pc, the iVMS-4200 client is run - and used to set up everything and view live cameras as well as playback video.

I like the software very much.

I followed an instruction I found on the web - but I can't remember where I found it. Note: all of the software was located within the iVMS-4200 v2.

Thanks - this actually helped.

I was trying to set-up recording via the local drive option vs the storage server option. After uninstall PCNVR (for clean install of v2) and setting up the storage server, adding the HD, etc - I think it is now working!

And iVMS 4200 V3? The latest version i show via their ftp site is v2.00.08.50.

Interesting! Can I ask you whether you also connect to it from a smart phone with iVMS-4500?

Or in other words: does iVMS-4200 v2 offer access to iVMS-4500?

I have iVMS 4200 v3 working. I set it up about 2 months ago and I may not remember everything. But my setup is as follows:

I use 2 computers, one for recording and one for viewing. This is not necessary - I only do that because the recording pc is located remotely and the viewing pc is connected via wireless.

On the recording PC I installed the storage server software of the iVMS 4200. On the viewing pc I installed the client software of the iVMS-4200. For configuration, on the client PC, I added the cameras, added the remote storage server, and setup a recoding schedule.

On the recording PC the storage application (NvrStorageServer) is run (it does not have any user interface - it is controlled via the client). On the viewing pc, the iVMS-4200 client is run - and used to set up everything and view live cameras as well as playback video.

I like the software very much.

I followed an instruction I found on the web - but I can't remember where I found it. Note: all of the software was located within the iVMS-4200 v2.

Aham, hi - iVMS-4200 and iVMS-4500 are for different OS platforms as you probably know. 4200 for client based (desktop, laptop, server, etc) while 4500 is for mobile (phone, tablet, etc).

A lot more functionality in 4200 but the main reason for me to use it is for local recording (PCNVR) and viewing via a computer at home.

I use 4500 a lot as well - but generally while I am away from the house - or too lazy to walk over to the computer.

xavier4or, I'm afraid I didn't express myself clearly enough.

I'm using iVMS-4200 PCNVR v1.3 on a Windows server and I have iVMS-4500 on iPads and iPhones to access the PCNVR.

What I wanted to ask is whether it is possible to connect iVMS-4500 to iVMS-4200 v2 as well.

Aham, hi - iVMS-4200 and iVMS-4500 are for different OS platforms as you probably know. 4200 for client based (desktop, laptop, server, etc) while 4500 is for mobile (phone, tablet, etc).

A lot more functionality in 4200 but the main reason for me to use it is for local recording (PCNVR) and viewing via a computer at home.

I use 4500 a lot as well - but generally while I am away from the house - or too lazy to walk over to the computer.

What is the difference from "iVMS-4200 PCNVR" and "iVMS-4200 v2 with Storage Server installed". I have been using PCNVR for awhile storing to a external harddrive. Can this also be done with iVMS-4200 v2 with Storage Server feature installed? I rather use the regular iVMS-4200 v2 as it seems to get more updates.

i have a very similar problem....

16 HikVision Cameras managed by iVMS-4200 via a media PC running Windows 7 pro.

I have a 16TB Server.. Windows Home Server 2011 with 4 of the 1TB drives raided together using RIAD 10 to give me 2TB mirrored storage for Security Video.

Can someone tell me what I need to install where to get the 16 cameras to record the video on the Windows Home Server 2011 drive space....

I have spent hours with HikVision support but they haven't been able to get this working.

Thanks in advance.

Fisherman - can you post some snippets of your ivms 4200 v2 settings? I can compare them to mine and see if anything jumps out as being different.

I finally got mine the iVMS v2 working as a PCNVR - and love it - but it took several weeks of trial-and-error. So I have hoping from comparing the settings, we might be able to find the issue for you.

Sure what setting pages do you want....

In the last hour I just uninstalled iVMS and storage server..

Let me know what software I should have on the media PC and what I should have on my windows server and I will put it all back on and re set it up and send you the snippets.

Do I need iVMS-4200 PCNVR + Storage Server both loaded on the PC and on the Windows Server.. ?

Thx

I am traveling this week but will post some of the iVMS settings this weekend in case this help you.

I know most folks are still using the iVMS PCNVR software since it is easier to get working. But I like iVMS 4200 V2 interface better...

Fisherman - have you installed and played with both the iVMS 4200 PCNVR and iVMS 4200 v2 Client???

The reason why I ask is both SW packages offer the same functionality but iVMS 4200 v2 client is a later release from Hikvision where they are trying to integrate the PCNVR functionality into the client via the Storage Server module.

So to answer your question - no you don't need both "iVMS-4200 PCNVR + Storage Server both loaded on the PC and on the Windows Server.. ?"

If you are trying to just use iVMS 4200 v2 - just install the Storage Server module on your windows server.

Ok will put iVMS-4200 V2 Storage Server only on the Windows server this weekend..

I thought i could install iVMS-4200 on my PC and configure it to send the video feed to drives on the windows server to store on the server, but it sounds like iVMS-4200 will only see drive storage when it is connected directly on the PC not via a network to (Separate device) an actual server.

Will let you know how i get on.

Thx.

Did you guys ever get the PCNVR server software working on Windows Home Server 2011? I've tried both v1.3 and v2 with no luck. I'm using the following ports and have port forwarding for all in my router, iVMS4500 and iVMS4200 display feeds just fine both in network and remotely. But I'm flummoxed regarding recording the feeds.

Using a dedicated 2TB drive (S:) for recording storage on WHS2011. iVMS4200 v2 on local Windows 7 client. Cameras are DS-2CD2032-I firmware v5.2.0 build 140721.

Thanks,

RE

Capture.PNG.50bf8d768fe3df41bdcb632c1dbefaf3.PNG

Edited by Guest

Eyebrows, is that table showing the port forwarding on the router or the port information as it is configured on the device? If it is the latter then it is unnecessary. And if you are port forwarding is the nvr on a remote network?

Post up or PM configs of ivms, I have used both client and PCNVR (as well as the standalone NVR software) successfully to record. I'm currently using the client software as a single PC solution for recording and live viewing.

Eyebrows, is that table showing the port forwarding on the router or the port information as it is configured on the device? If it is the latter then it is unnecessary. And if you are port forwarding is the nvr on a remote network?

Post up or PM configs of ivms, I have used both client and PCNVR (as well as the standalone NVR software) successfully to record. I'm currently using the client software as a single PC solution for recording and live viewing.

Hi Antitrust, thanks for responding. I'm trying to get the PCNVR software to record on my Windows Home Server 2011; server, cams, and iVMS-4200 on Windows 7 client are all on my LAN (192.168.1.x). The table shows the device settings. Here's a capture of the front door camera settings for example.

Here are the port forwarding settings on the router...

The first three lines are required for remote access to my Windows Home Server. The last three lines are required in order to access the camera feeds remotely via iVMS-4500 on my phone. I can view the camera feeds just fine. I just can't figure out how to get them to record to Windows Home Server. Thanks.

1766304959_Devicesettings.thumb.PNG.6b0a7dde90a5f449c413cc9ee2aa1637.PNG

456295368_Portforwarding.PNG.d19f13b885b5f9dd1ce7375781fafe1d.PNG

Cheers mate, can you show me the remote config of the storage server? When I'm home I will post up my config.

I don't think it would matter since the live view is working but you can have all your cameras utilizing the original ports, and adjust the port forwarding. You can have multiple devices on a LAN using identical port numbers, and with port forwarding the external and internal ports don't need to be the same. EG (Sorry if formatting doesn't turn out correctly):

Service Name : Port Range : Local IP : Local Port

Front door : 8001 : 192.168.1.251 : 8000

Back door : 8002 : 192.168.1.252 : 8000

All this will do is rule out a layer 1-4 issue, and we can focus on the application config.

Does iVMS only work with hikvision cameras? Or can I add 1 dahua camera that I have?

I'm looking for a good way to monitor all of my hikvision and dahua cameras in one place on a Mac. I have securityspy but am not too crazy about it. Would like to be able to change the layout a bit. Any other alternatives for mac?

Does iVMS only work with hikvision cameras? Or can I add 1 dahua camera that I have?

I'm looking for a good way to monitor all of my hikvision and dahua cameras in one place on a Mac. I have securityspy but am not too crazy about it. Would like to be able to change the layout a bit. Any other alternatives for mac?

No, it will only work with hikvision.

Hi,

I have added storage server in ivms 4200 but still the recording is not happening in local drive.

can any one help me.

Thanks,

Mohan.R

Hi,

I have added storage server in ivms 4200 but still the recording is not happening in local drive.

can any one help me.

Thanks,

Mohan.R

+1 on this, I can't figure out how to set the storage server to record on hard drive. everything else works fine.

Also with a hik cam that records audio too when downloading the recordings it dosen't come with audio, any idea how to accomplish that?

I have IVMS 4200 with Storage Server working fine on a Windows 7 laptop. It records on motion detection just fine but I could only get it to work with a usb external drive. I couldn't get it to record on motion detection (event) to the C:.

edit : I have now got it to record to D: which is a partition on C: as well. I do not think it can be configured to record onto a drive partition which contains an OS.