Bernie320

Email Configuration With Hikvision NVR/BT Homehub 5

After speaking with technical support and trying various things, Hikvision couldn't solve the problem, so I thought I'd see if there was anyone else out there who's come across the same issue and whether they managed to fix it.

I have a DS-7708NI-SP NVR and I'm unable to get it to send emails. Hikvision strongly suspect it's because I have a BT Homehub 5 and the majority of issues they have are with this router. Has anyone managed to get any Hikvision NVR to send emails when used in conjunction with a BT Homehub 5?? If so (hopefully!), what did you do??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I don't think thats the issue, the issue would be the email is not setup right, some emails are hard to get to work right with the dvr, what email address are you using to send out.

Hikvision cameras (and I'm assuing NVRs too) don't support TLS authentication

So for example, a Yahoo address won't work - as this forces TLS as far as I know.

Gmail offers SMTP without TLS, I use SSL (port 465) and this works perfectly.

As far as i have been messing with Hik products, i could never get an email using TLS to work, i have emailed them about it but as far as now, it wont work, which is not good because a lot of my customers have yahoo accounts but i would tell them to create a gmail account.

I'm having same issues with a Lorex branded Hikvision NVR with gmail. If I setup the smtp address as smtp.gmail.com, it doesn't work. If I type in one of gmails smtp ip address instead, it works. I do have the correct dns server for the local dns server, and even tried to use 8.8.8.8. Not sure what the issue is.

I'm having same issues with a Lorex branded Hikvision NVR with gmail. If I setup the smtp address as smtp.gmail.com, it doesn't work. If I type in one of gmails smtp ip address instead, it works. I do have the correct dns server for the local dns server, and even tried to use 8.8.8.8. Not sure what the issue is.

Can you post a screen shot please, not sure why it would be doing that but i need to see what it has in the email tab in the NVR

Gmail blocks it from being used for security reasons, you have to go into log into your gmail account--> go to your security tab --> under account permissions, Enable access for less secure apps.

Sorry for the late response, been troubleshooting it myself!!!

Let me know if that works for you

UNITY SURVEILLANCE SYSTEMS