soupratt

Hikvision NVR (76xx) firmware 3.0.8 - Web browser no video

Hi all

Just upgraded my 7616NI to the European firmware 3.0.8 (available) on their portal. It works great especially the virtual host which let you interact directly with the cameras. The only problem is that on OSX neither Safari or Chrome can show video feeds or playback video. Seems the web video plugin is incompatible with the new firmware and I can't seem to find an update. The firmware uses 3.0.5.21 and neither 3.0.4 or 3.0.5.52 plugins work (actually 3.0.5.52 doesn't seem to be that but an earlier version 3.0.5.14).

The odd thing is is that if I log onto the camera interface directly, it plays video fine so it is probably using an older version of the web video plugin in the interface and is compatible with my current plugin.

It also works fine on Internet Explorer and iVMS-4200.

I tried the 2.3.9 firmware from the US site but it doesn't seem to want to play nicely with the NVR. Seems to crash it and no video out to monitor.

Does anyone have a newer or updated version of the Web Video plugin for OSX which might work with the new firmware ?

Cheers

Edited by Guest

Are there any functional differences with version 2.3.9?

From what I've seen I think that they have removed this firmware from their site..?

When I tried to flash it it failed each time through the browser and when trying directly from the NVR I got "not enough flash memory".

Indeed the NVR firmware version 3.0.8 has disappeared from the European portal (just like the camera firmware 5.1.6???)

I wonder why. In any case this is not a serious and professional attitude from an international company of this statue.

In fact I just found that you can upload, copy and delete any file in the USA FTP site!!!!.

Who is the master administrator of this FTP site?

All of us??

Anyone can upload whatever they like?

mmm that doesn't sound too good..!

I can understand the 5.1.6 camera firmware going AWOL as it seemed to introduce several broken features. Maybe the 3.0.8 NVR firmware went for similar reasons.

I would not have liked to have tried to force the update with the TFTP tool, as that would have been the last resort. Instead I'll just keep to the US 2.3.9 version.

In fact I just found that you can upload, copy and delete any file in the USA FTP site!!!!.

Who is the master administrator of this FTP site?

All of us??

Anyone can upload whatever they like?

You've got to be kidding?

Edit: It is, did you contact them?

I have the 2.3.9 USA firmware I got from their FTP site a week or two ago and works well on a 7608 I put it in for a neighbor. PM me for the link if you want it.

I have the 2.3.9 USA firmware I got from their FTP site a week or two ago and works well on a 7608 I put it in for a neighbor. PM me for the link if you want it.

You do know that it is still available on their FTP site...?

DS-76xxNI-SE(P) USA Firmware_v2.3.9_140820.zip