buellwinkle

Hikvision NVR Question DS-7608

This is weird, so I'm probably doing something wrong since I don't use NVRs that much but I plugged in 4 cameras into the NVR, 3 display fine, one does not display, not even on the list when you right click and select "single camera". I can play it in camera setup screen and it shows the live view, but not on the main display. Then I can go in with iVMS4500 on an iPad and it shows all 4 cameras. I can also see all 4 cameras via the web browser. I tried clicking on the empty spot on the displays, shows a + sign, click on that and says that cannot add anymore IP cameras, weird considering this is an 8 channel NVR. I tried upgrading firmware to 2.3.9 from Hik USA site and same thing. Rebooting does not help. Any ideas?

It's not the camera, that displays with iVMS, it's getting it to display on the window, doesn't show up, but shows up in camera setup and displays video from it, weird. I'll have to play with it more on Monday if the neighbor is up for it. He's just excited to see 4 cameras on his iPad and iPhone.

Buellwinkle,

sounds like sub-stream from the camera isn't working, try to default the camera or upgrade firmware.

The reason why it shows up using that little play button is because that pulls the main stream. (from what i have seen before)

When you view 2x2, you will view the sub-stream of the cameras, so if the substream of the camera isn't working, you will just see a black box.

if you view 1+5, the 1 will be main stream and the 5 others will be sub-stream.

Lastly, check your live view setting, maybe its just off.

when you full screen that one camera that is off, do you see video?

Configuration->Live view->then you'll see 2 tabs, General and View. Under View, make sure all the boxes are filled with the channels.

Through this menu is also how you move the cameras around in the display.

But yea, firmware upgrade, default + restart fixes most problems with the NVR and camera.

hope it helps~