Sign in to follow this  
tonydi

Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I filled up NAS and stopped recording

Despite the fact that all three of my cameras have the Overwrite set to Yes, they filled up the 3TB drive in my NAS box and then just stopped recording.

At around 6pm I went into the Playback section and picked today's recording and the bar graph actually showed that it was still recording even though it had stopped writing to the NAS about 13 hrs before.

The NAS is an Acer Aspire H340 running NAS4FREE.

Is there something I'm missing, something I didn't set correctly?

My understanding is that the camera gets the device capacity, 3TB, but each camera thinks it has 3TB. There's a patch someone came up with that's floating around here. It's for 5.0 but people say it's the same for 5.1.2 and 5.1.6 (do not try it with 5.2).

I think I've single-handedly worn out the Google servers looking for this today and I've come up empty. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be very appreciative.

How did you configure the system, tell us your settings.

Did you give each camera 1TB each on their own share? or 3TB with 3 cameras?

You need to give each camera its own share with its fixed size. So when the camera configures (called format in their menus) the share it goes through and creates all the files and indexes. If you tell a camera it has 1TB, then it has 1TB, no one can borrow any of that space.

One 3TB drive with three shares. But I don't see any way to allocate less than the whole drive to any camera, those settings show the whole 3TB but are grey'd out so I can't change the numbers.

I found a great deal on WD 3TB Red drives so I'm going to take the "easy" way out and give each camera it's own drive.