hoffsta

How to setup Hikvision 2032 on Mac computer/router?

I just got a 2032 and am trying to set it up on my local network. My Apple Airport Extreme router is set to 10.0.1.x subnet and the cam defaults to 192.0.0.64. I installed iVMS-4200 and tried the import wizard. It sees the camera but it won't let me add it correctly. I get the message "Importing failed. Connection failed: device off-line or connection timeout."

I assume I need to do something to change the IP address of the camera but I can't figure out how to connect to it. This is something really simple but I'm stuck...

Any pointers?

Thanks

I assume I need to do something to change the IP address of the camera...

Use the SADP utility on the disc that should be included with the camera.

I just got a 2032 and am trying to set it up on my local network. My Apple Airport Extreme router is set to 10.0.1.x subnet and the cam defaults to 192.0.0.64. I installed iVMS-4200 and tried the import wizard. It sees the camera but it won't let me add it correctly. I get the message "Importing failed. Connection failed: device off-line or connection timeout."

I assume I need to do something to change the IP address of the camera but I can't figure out how to connect to it. This is something really simple but I'm stuck...

Any pointers?

Thanks

You'll need to assigned the camera an IP address of your network, example 10.0.1.63. You do that by clicking on (IVMS 4200) Device Management >Show Online Devices. Click on the camera you want to add and change the IP address then click ADD Device. You'll then need to give the camera a nickname, enter user admin and password 12345, then check that it has the IP address you assigned the camera and that it's on port 8000...be sure to check the box add to group.

Honestly, I have never got to go smoothly...always seems awkward with a few tries

running into the same problem. I change the IP address but I can't get the camera to add. When I search for the camera it shows the new IP address but get a error message saying connection failed: device offline or connection timeout.

Did anyone find a solution?

I'm having the exact same problem. I've been googling for 12 straight hours and it's driving me nuts!

I have to have it up and running in a few hours, no exceptions...

Edit:

I'm sorry to say that the solution was to use a PC...

The camera needs to be on the same subnet as the router, but changing the camera's ip-adress on the Mac version of iVMS-4200 (v1.02.02.02) only works if they are already on the same subnet...

The camera defaults to 192.168.1.64. And as other people with the same problem, my router is set to 192.168.0.1

A workaround is to first change the router to 192.168.1.1 and then change the camera. But that option is for some odd reason blocked in my router.

So the only option was to install Windows on my Mac. And then changing the camera's ip-adress using the Windows version of iVMS-4200.

I.e it all boils down to an old, or just crappy, version of the software for Mac...

Thanks for posting the solution Sajmon!

I've tried using windows in vmware but I also couldn't access other subnets. I've got an old router I've had unused, connected both my mac and the hikvision camera to the same router and the same subnet, and I've been able to activate and configure it that way.

Did anyone find a solution?

I'm having the exact same problem. I've been googling for 12 straight hours and it's driving me nuts!

I have to have it up and running in a few hours, no exceptions...

Edit:

I'm sorry to say that the solution was to use a PC...

The camera needs to be on the same subnet as the router, but changing the camera's ip-adress on the Mac version of iVMS-4200 (v1.02.02.02) only works if they are already on the same subnet...

The camera defaults to 192.168.1.64. And as other people with the same problem, my router is set to 192.168.0.1

A workaround is to first change the router to 192.168.1.1 and then change the camera. But that option is for some odd reason blocked in my router.

So the only option was to install Windows on my Mac. And then changing the camera's ip-adress using the Windows version of iVMS-4200.

I.e it all boils down to an old, or just crappy, version of the software for Mac...