Hipflask

nvr recommendations?

Hi all, im going to upgrade my exsisting coax setup which has 4 cams. I already have three i.p cams + a ptz ip i have bought. I was going to use my pc but have decided to use a nvr box instead so its always on. Im thinkning i could either use a spare pc or buy a nvr to work. Im pretty sure the cameras are all onvif i have and they range from 3mp to 5mp. Ideally id like somethign i can use upto 8 cameras on and record about a months worth of data. Im happy to fit my own hdd to something. any recommendations? budget upto £300ish with no hdd's £450 with hdd. Ideas?

thanks guys

Hi all, im going to upgrade my exsisting coax setup which has 4 cams. I already have three i.p cams + a ptz ip i have bought. I was going to use my pc but have decided to use a nvr box instead so its always on. Im thinkning i could either use a spare pc or buy a nvr to work. Im pretty sure the cameras are all onvif i have and they range from 3mp to 5mp. Ideally id like somethign i can use upto 8 cameras on and record about a months worth of data. Im happy to fit my own hdd to something. any recommendations? budget upto £300ish with no hdd's £450 with hdd. Ideas?

thanks guys

I dont really know anything about budget standalone NVR's, but make sure the cameras are really ONVIF conformant if you're going for NVR that supports ONVIF but has no other support for the camera/model you have. You can search the camera model from http://www.onvif.org/FindaProduct/ProfileProducts.aspx

thanks guys

I dont really know anything about budget standalone NVR's, but make sure the cameras are really ONVIF conformant if you're going for NVR that supports ONVIF but has no other support for the camera/model you have. You can search the camera model from http://www.onvif.org/FindaProduct/ProfileProducts.aspx

Even if the camera is 100% Onvif compliant, does not means the NVR will be able to connect it with full features. If you know the make of your IPC then easier for us to be able to recommend a suitable NVR for you.