JamesRyan

how to setup NAS storage on Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I?

I am trying to setup recording to a NAS on the same network segment. I have tried several different combinations of trying to get it to see and connect to them but nothing has worked so far. I feel like its a syntax error. I am able to access the NAS from my PC but not the camera's built in software.

I have even tried a known working 2nd NAS but neither one will show up.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMG_20140926_072248.thumb.jpg.6aa8b03ead11bfb49010094828f40dc6.jpg

No luck so far but I noticed in the document it says the NAS must be able to enable Linux services or the camera will not be able to locate the NAS on the network. Is this correct?

I have tried using a Buffalo Linkstation and a Buffalo Terastation and neither seem to be found by the camera's software no matter what syntax or different ways I try to connect. Any ideas?

Your syntax is off. First, I've only tested on a windows system exposing an NFS via haneWIN. I've found that large drives don't work; they initialize but fail shortly thereafter. Large for me was 600 GB. 200 gb works great. Anyway your server address should be set as 192.168.0.50 for example and the path is then /WHATEVERPATH

Contrast with the SMB/CIFS option you'd put in the IP but your path would be \WHATEVERPATH

Your syntax is off. First, I've only tested on a windows system exposing an NFS via haneWIN. I've found that large drives don't work; they initialize but fail shortly thereafter. Large for me was 600 GB. 200 gb works great. Anyway your server address should be set as 192.168.0.50 for example and the path is then /WHATEVERPATH

Contrast with the SMB/CIFS option you'd put in the IP but your path would be \WHATEVERPATH

Thank you guys a ton! I was able to connect via smb and I'm currently formatting the drive(it kept saying uninitialized).

I can't wait to see the quality of the recordings, this camera is pretty impressive!

Thank you guys a ton! I was able to connect via smb and I'm currently formatting the drive(it kept saying uninitialized).

I can't wait to see the quality of the recordings, this camera is pretty impressive!

SMB/CIFS is rock solid for me for a week now, regardless of disconnecting drives, camera reboots, etc. but this has been with a USB drive of 250 gb and a partition of 200 GB taken from a larger drive, against which absolutely no other processes were trying to do anything. I think you do want to keep the given drives dedicated to just one drive per camera.

Hello everyone, I have a big problem with cifs. The quota is created on my nas synology 150GB all feature 2/3 weeks then the Cam does not record what more can be?

hi anyone having issues with connecting SMB server for recording, i hope this will help you

i have my SMB server running on ZTE f660 router (router supports to run SMB (samba) server with USB stick plugged in), initially i was unable to add this SMB server as NET HDD.. but then i have formatted USB stick in NFTS format and then i successes fully managed to add NET HDD in to my HKVision camera..

Steps

1. Add USB stick in NTFS format

2. Execute/activate SMB server on my router

3. Add NET HDD in HKvison configuration page (on browser)

serevr: ip of your SMB server (mine 192.168.1.1)

path: \filepath

mounting type: SMB/CIFS

user/pass and then test

and do not forget to save the setiings

if this is ok then you find the added HDD in the storage tab

then just select your drive and then format.. 

done....