jgv

PTZ to monitor 270 degree view with auto tracking- VERY LONG

Hi,

I am new here and looking for something which I hope exists, probably basic even!

I wish to install a HD IP PTZ on each corner of a building so they can constantly sweep righ/left and left/right continuously to detect moving objects and then zoom in and track until the object leaves the cameras view and then retrn to the sweep mode.

I would also like to setup the cameras to be in sync thus ensuring no black or dead spots, this means if a camera leaves the sweep and returns it needs to re-sync with the other moving cameras.

I am planning to use a QNAP NVR as this is compatible with the Control4 system being installed but this can be changed to other NVR or platform if needed.

If what I propose isnt possible or simply flawed I would consider other alternatives such as the fisheye and PTZ combinations i have seen if they are reliable and perform well?

I have attached a PDF showing the setup from a aerial perspective along with the specifications of the PTZ.

Thanks in advance and I apologize for the long post.

288405152_PTZSpecification.thumb.gif.e1ab0b6d2da7b56f1dae56c05e912a6f.gif

That is so cool, let me know when you find something like that because every single PTZ I've tested records full time when you do that because the camera panning creates motion.

I did see something else that may work for you and that's to use a hemispheric camera to detect motion, then send an HTTP command on motion detect to a PTZ to go to a that area and start recording. The only two brands I know of that allow sending HTTP commands are Axis and ACTi.

Great idea on paper but not so good in real life. The PTZ cameras will track ANYTHING that moves and if you have multiple objects it can't track both. If this was in a controlled indoor environment I think it would work well but I think you are going to be very disappointed in your plan to deploy this in a outdoor environment.

Also while the camera is panning I don't think it will be able to detect an object and start tracking it. You you be better off using fixed cameras to trigger the PTZ to move to different zones and then start auto tracking.

Edited by Guest

Great idea on paper but not so good in real life. The PTZ cameras will track ANYTHING that moves and if you have multiple objects it can't track both. If this was in a controlled indoor environment I think it would work well but I think you are going to be very disappointed in your plan to deploy this in a outdoor environment.

+1

Surely there must be a ptz that is smart enough to knkw that its movement isnt an objects motion? I guess it would stop when it detects an object and then go into tracking mode that will be recordered?

Or possibly a NVR or software platform that can do what we need? We were planning to use QNAP but somethibg like aimetis or similiar will be considered if we can achieve our goal.

I have also found the ptz and 360 combos, has anyone had a play with this to provide some feedback?

I guess if we cant achieve this we will resort to installing mini speed domes with tracking, it just means 2+ cameras at each locatiob to ensure proper coverage...

Thanks again.

I would use 4 180 Arecont cameras and call it a day. You will NEVER get PTZ tracking to work reliably in a outdoor environment

If you really have your heart set on PTZ cameras you might be best to look at something like this.

GNjVbE71XdU

Surely there must be a ptz that is smart enough to knkw that its movement isnt an objects motion?

There actually is, but only seen it on crime shows like CSI. Maybe if you call the network they can share the technology they use. I'm still waiting for CSI to get back to me on how they do this -

234440_1.jpg