Sign in to follow this  
teech

Hikvision NVR questions (mbps)

Hi,

I'm finding it confusing which NVR to choose and my supplier isn't giving me confidence with their knowledge about them too so was wondering if anyone could please advise.

I'm looking to get either their 32ch or 64ch NVR and I'm finding the bandwidth info confusing. In their specs for their 9600 series it says their 32ch and 64ch both have an incoming bandwidth of 160mbps. As the cameras will be set to 2MP at 4mbps, does this mean 160/4 = up to 40 cameras? If yes, why should I go for the 64ch model when the 32ch can do the same?

Also, does that mean I can have all channels showing 2MP real-time in the live screen at the same time and also record that too?

Thanks a lot.

I'm looking to get either their 32ch or 64ch NVR and I'm finding the bandwidth info confusing. In their specs for their 9600 series it says their 32ch and 64ch both have an incoming bandwidth of 160mbps. As the cameras will be set to 2MP at 4mbps, does this mean 160/4 = up to 40 cameras? If yes, why should I go for the 64ch model when the 32ch can do the same?

Well... Nope. The 32ch model won't do 40 cameras, it will do 32. And the 64ch will record/show up to 64 cameras.

So choose the one you need depending on the maximum number of cameras you will be using, if you think you will ever need more than 32, then go for the 64ch model.

Thanks Mindtwist but how can the 64ch show 64 cameras at 2MP 4mbps when the bandwidth is not enough?

Thanks Mindtwist but how can the 64ch show 64 cameras at 2MP 4mbps when the bandwidth is not enough?

It can't. If the bandwidth is 160mbps you have to split it amongst the cameras.

Like 64 cameras at 2.5mbps, or 32 cameras at 3mbps and 32 cameras at 2mbps, etc.