Sign in to follow this  
Baje

NVR Software

Hey Guys,

I need help finding some NVR software.

I have a camera installation with 40 Geovision IP cameras running geovision recording server. I have a main server and about 4 clients running. Currently as i said it is Geovision software but i personally find their software lacking. I currently would like to add on around 10 Hikvision cameras and change the software.

For the server hardware it is a 20 drive hot swappable RAID server running an i7 processor with 16gb of RAM. Clients are i5 processors with 4gb of RAM.

Budget for software is around $1000. Ive looked at Milestone and digital watchdog software which work well but the licensing fees are a bit more.

Ive checked Luxriot which is much better in terms of price but it is a bit laggy but maybe thats because I dont have it setup as i should?

Thanks!

Hey Guys,

I need help finding some NVR software.

I have a camera installation with 40 Geovision IP cameras running geovision recording server. I have a main server and about 4 clients running. Currently as i said it is Geovision software but i personally find their software lacking. I currently would like to add on around 10 Hikvision cameras and change the software.

For the server hardware it is a 20 drive hot swappable RAID server running an i7 processor with 16gb of RAM. Clients are i5 processors with 4gb of RAM.

Budget for software is around $1000. Ive looked at Milestone and digital watchdog software which work well but the licensing fees are a bit more.

Ive checked Luxriot which is much better in terms of price but it is a bit laggy but maybe thats because I dont have it setup as i should?

Thanks!

hard to say if you have setup it as you should or not. Or you can check with video tutorials they have on their web site:http://www.luxriot.com/eng/support/video/

Or you can contact their support team at support@luxriot.com and tell that something worries you.

If by lagging you mean lag between action takes place on camera and then shown on client application - well it's a specific feature. this can be disabled in Tool->Option->Live Video Buffering ( change to Disable).