Sign in to follow this  
Sarge89

Trouble Installing IP Camera - Urgent

I have iCAMView IP Camera IP-06 Model:HCV73 (plz refer to the below pic for ref.) and I'm trying to use it through router/hub. The camera showed up in the iCAMView Utility (plz refer to the below pic for ref.) but I was unable to Launch iCAMView i.e. to see video nor I was able to open any setting from the IP shown in the utility. Now I was checking the IP configuration where I accidentally the IP setting got set to 00.00.00.00 and after this the utility is not detecting the camera anymore.

Any help with resetting the camera or troubleshooting would be appreciated very much.

Thanks!

CAMERA PICTURE FOR IDENTIFICATION OF MODEL / MAKE

iCAMView UTILITY PICTURE.

Doc-0090.thumb.jpg.31fddddaf4511cd07dd62fa06e52f378.jpg

1875673101_Capture.PNG.13a4194b040ea93b80c3e9c673a940e1.PNG

Perhaps you were lucky enough that the camera is still in dhcp mode and not static mode. You should disconnect the camera from your network, remove power from the camera, reconnect the camera to your network and power it back on. If it's in dhcp mode, it will automatically re-aquire a proper ip address from your network. If not, unfortunately I don't know how to tell you to proceed with that camera and utility. Best of luck.

@shockwave199 Thanks, I've already done that but unfortunately there's no luck with this. May be if the firmware is reinstalled then the settings will reset but I don't' know how to do it. I've already contacted the vendor but there's no response for past 02 weeks.

Anyone else with knowledge of this stuff?

Wireshark should show you what is going on, isolate this camera with just your computer and a switch. Turn on wireshark and see what is going on.

I did not think it was possible to set an IP at 0.0.0.0, most equipment will not accept that as a valid address.

Is there a reset button visible? Or perhaps under the backplate if you unscrew it? You could try holding (for 10 seconds maybe?) that while powering it up for hard reset. If you find a button, press it before you plug the power back on.

If you cannot reset it, you could try if you see it from commandline with "arp -a" command.

If you do, you could try setting the ip via arp command: "arp -s " and hope the camera supports it. You might have to use this command within the first 1-2 minutes after you plug in the power.

@ssnapier OK I'll try Wireshark and update you

@mkkoskin Yes there's no reset button also I haven't used "arp -a" command in past, so, please elaborate the method.

Thanks!

The label shows a USB port - have you tried that, but you probably need to install some drivers.

@mkkoskin Yes there's no reset button also I haven't used "arp -a" command in past, so, please elaborate the method.

Thanks!

"arp -a" dumps your ARP cache data, telling you if your PC sees your camera in the network, go thru the list it prints and look for your IP cameras MAC address. It might also tell you the IP it has at the moment.

"arp -h" (help) gives you more details.

"arp -a" dumps your ARP cache data, telling you if your PC sees your camera in the network, go thru the list it prints and look for your IP cameras MAC address. It might also tell you the IP it has at the moment.

Thanks! I'll try that too and update this thread

What happens when you go into ip configuration? Post a screen shot of that.

@shockwave199 I can't go to ip configuration as it is disabled

arp -a" dumps your ARP cache data, telling you if your PC sees your camera in the network, go thru the list it prints and look for your IP cameras MAC address. It might also tell you the IP it has at the moment.

Here's the result of this command, I think the camera is not listed here

Wireshark should show you what is going on, isolate this camera with just your computer and a switch. Turn on wireshark and see what is going on.

I did not think it was possible to set an IP at 0.0.0.0, most equipment will not accept that as a valid address.

Have no past experience with Wireshark but I did remove my pc from network and plugged Camera in pc lan and nothing appeared in Wireshark - Further details will be appreciated.

Cap.PNG.dad4b21df6b2a37239972ffccbd649b2.PNG

I cant think of anything else to do, usually the software that comes with cameras can find the camera even if the IP is is lost. Chances are the camera is bricked and inaccessible.

I actually managed to "brick" a cheap noname camera, I cannot access it from web/configuration software, but i do get RTSP-stream out of the default IP. Camera doesn't have any reset button etc, but since it cost around 15$, cant expect much