bkvanbek

how to schedule recording with swann nvr

Edit your schedule for those two cameras, change it from "motion" (green colored on mine) to "normal" (blue) for the whole times you want to record constant.

You can leave your schedule in place and override it with some "normal" constant recording by using the "Manual Record" main menu button on the NVR.

Or, you can just incorporate the constant recording into your regular schedule under the "Record" main menu button.

Edit your schedule for those two cameras, change it from "motion" (green colored on mine) to "normal" (blue) for the whole times you want to record constant.

You can leave your schedule in place and override it with some "normal" constant recording by using the "Manual Record" main menu button on the NVR.

Or, you can just incorporate the constant recording into your regular schedule under the "Record" main menu button.

I still can't figure it out. I am using SwannViewPlus. From my computer; I pick "Camera Settings", then the little calendar "Schedule". Then there is templates with days and times, but I can't edit or find a way to use the template.

From the NVR I can't find it either.

So when you click "Alarm Template" , is there not a list there of templates you can edit?

Mine starts with three pre-defined ones you can't edit:

All-day Template

Weekday Template

Alarm Template

Then, there are EIGHT that you CAN edit, named:

Template 1

..to

Template 8

Click one of those and you can Edit. Fill in when you want to record with the "Scheduled Recording" pen (blue).

OR, you can just select and use the All-day template, which is pre-filled for 24 hour recording.

Now I get it. Thank you.

How about changing the clock. I am in the Central time zone, it apparently is not automatic but when I change the time (can only be done at the NVR, as far as I can tell) I hit "apply" and the time does not change.

Hi mate,

If you have the recorder connected to the internet, you should be using NTP to sync clock. NTP configuration is on Pg15 of the 8ch manual.

Don't miss the footnotes. You may need to Enable DST and you need to make sure that the time zone on the recorder is correct.